What is wrong with the following resume objective?
To work for an organization that will provide me with an opportunity to apply my diverse skills in a highly stimulating environment.
Everything is wrong with this resume objective! These 21 words are long-winded and say absolutely nothing worthwhile.
Do you see even a single section that indicates what the applicant is applying for?
Or how he intends to contribute?
Or even how qualified he is?
No. There is no such information here.
There is also one more thing wrong with this objective statement. It is selfish. It seems as if the applicant is looking for an opportunity to enhance his own skills – whatever they may be.
There is no mention of what he intends to contribute to the company. What will a prospective employer do with a resume that has this type of information on it? Dump it!
And you really don’t want your resume to be rejected.
So never write an objective that is generic in nature. Always be specific by mentioning the position that you are applying for, relevant skills that you have, and how you intend to contribute to the company by using those skills. See how simple this is?
Let us help you construct your school administrator resume objective by providing you with samples here:
10 Best Sample Objectives for School Administrator Resume
1. Seeking a position as an Administrator at Stevenson School employing expertise in providing administrative support to the school office to ensure smooth work processes. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Uniquely qualified School Administrator with exceptional leadership and planning experience and an Associate’s degree in Administration. Poised to contribute to the success of ABC School by utilizing skills in implementing curriculum practices, instruction, and child development. Well-versed with the school administration software.
3. Looking for a School Administrator position at Richmond Public Schools to leverage hands-on experience in developing curriculum, handling teacher training, and coordinating examination and assessment procedures.
4. Poised to contribute as a School Administrator at Dallas School System. Offering competencies in handling various aspects of an educational institute, including administrative, financial, marketing, personnel, and data management.
5. Excellent communicator with superb interpersonal, relationship building, and planning skills, seeking a School Administrator position at XYZ School. Leveraging 7 years of successful school administration experience, as well as effective leadership and decision-making skills, to contribute to the vision of the school.
6. Seeking a School Administrator position at Delaware Public Schools. Competent at reviewing new school programs, recommending modifications to existing ones, and ensuring the overall administrative functions of the school.
7. Poised to obtain employment as a School Administrator to utilize 12+ years of relevant experience, exceptional conflict resolution skills, and proven administrative track record to lead and implement school administrative functions.
8. To work for Nobel Learning Communities as a School Administrator utilizing adeptness at developing, managing, and operating core administrative systems.
9. To obtain employment as a School Administrator with Saint James Academy applying hands-on experience in developing and implementing administrative systems to ensure smooth office and educational functions.
10. A position as a School Administrator at Orange County Public Schools to leverage skills in planning class curricula, setting school budgets, and assisting teachers with class behavior management.