Resume objectives – to use them or not, that is the question! Unfortunately, the answer is not a simple yes or no. Using an objective to begin your resume is something that is quite debatable.
While most experts say that an objective should only be used for entry-level resumes, or when an applicant decides to change career directions, many people use them to apply for positions for which they are quite experienced as well. Well, to each his own!
In the event that you do decide to use an objective on your resume, there are a few things that you should know about them.
Contrary to what many will tell you, an objective is a short paragraph that marks the beginning of your resume, allowing the hiring manager to get to know you.
An objective must never be a detailed account of your abilities and successes – leave that for when you graduate to write a resume summary.
When writing an objective, make sure that you do not cross the 4-line rule, which dictates that anything written in more than 4 lines, automatically becomes a summary – and not a very good one!
A resume objective should be short and to the point, telling the employer what you offer in terms of exceptionalities, and how you can add benefit to his or her company.
Here are a few examples:
Sample Objectives for School Coordinator Resume
1. Highly accomplished School Coordinator seeking a position at The Grande School. Enthusiastic to contribute to the program effectiveness of the school in a profound manner.
2. Top-performing School Coordinator with over 10 years of progressively responsible experience in looking for a position at Wellesley Public Schools. Bringing exceptional skills in program development, teacher training needs identification, and student academic progress facilitation.
3. Seeking a position as a School Coordinator at The World School, applying expertise in facilitating the training of new teaching staff, coordinating parent-teacher activities providing student counseling services, and facilitating academic and co-curricular programs.
4. A School Coordinator position at Anova Center for Education. Offering exceptional proficiencies in reviewing educational directives, determining the effectiveness of school programs, establishing education standards, and effectively allocating funds needed for the school community to operate efficiently.
5. To acquire the position of School Coordinator at Edina Public Schools. Eager to utilize my exceptional insight into developing and disseminating innovative and successful school improvement practices and coordinating system-wide staff development initiatives.
6. Resourceful, dynamic, and hardworking School Coordinator with over 6 years of experience in academic coordination presently seeking a position at Tulsa Public Schools. Excited to contribute to the effectiveness of school programs, and provide insight into developing and implementing co and extracurricular ones, in addition to standard academic ones.