Following is a sample reference or recommendation letter for waiter/waitress.
This reference letter is useful for the employers of UK, USA, Canada and Australia. In addition, you might use this sample in other countries.
Note: A Reference Letter for waitress must be written on the letterhead of company / restaurant / hotel.
Waitress Reference Letter Example
November 2, 2011
To Whom It May Concern
It is with great pleasure to recommend Mary Johnson for employment at your restaurant. She had been working as waitress with ABC Restaurant since may 2009. We are cheerless to hear about her resignation.
Mary was an exceptional addition to our waiters’ team. During her two years of employment at our restaurant, she distinguished herself as an enthusiastic quick learner, capable worker and overall a brilliant young woman. Although, she is very good in all tasks assigned to her but she have done extremely well in the following duties:
• Check with customers to make sure that they are taking pleasure in their meals
• Take corrective action in case of any problem faced by patrons
• Escort patrons to their tables
• Explain how a variety of menu items are being prepared, describing ingredients and food preparation methods
• Inform customers of daily specials
I, once again, will strongly recommend Mary for employment at your restaurant and wish her best of luck in her future endeavors. In case of any query, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Tel: (210) 333-9876