A good recommendation letter from your previous employer increases you chances to obtain a new job as a waitress.
Following is a sample reference or recommendation letter for waiter/waitress.This reference letter is useful for the employers of UK, USA, Canada and Australia. In addition, you might use this sample in other countries.
Note: A Reference Letter for waitress must be written on the letterhead of company / restaurant / hotel.
March 8, 2015
To Whom It May Concern
It is a great pleasure to recommend Mary Johnson for employment in a waiting role at your restaurant. Mary had worked as waitress with ABC Restaurant since may 2009.
She was an exceptional addition to our waiters’ team. During her 5 years of employment at our restaurant, she distinguished herself as an enthusiastic quick learner, capable worker and overall a brilliant young woman. Although, she performed exceptionally good in all tasks assigned to her:
• Checked with customers to make sure that they are taking pleasure in their meals
• Took corrective action in case of any problem faced by patrons
• Escorted patrons to their tables
• Explained how a variety of menu items are being prepared, describing ingredients and food preparation methods
• Informed customers of daily specials
I, once again, will strongly recommend Mary for employment at your restaurant and wish her best of luck in her future endeavors. In case of any query, please do not hesitate to contact me.
52 New Street, Austin, TX
Tel: (000) 333-9876