While sending a job application for the position of Registered Nurse, always include an attractive cover letter with your resume or job application. Remember to address the letter to the right person or department, if you want to get good results.
Start your cover letter for registered nurse position with a short, yet energetic introduction to help yourself prominent from other applicants. Identify the position of registered nurse and mention how you became aware of the position. In the second paragraph, discuss your background and draw attention to relevant experience. Also relate your experience with the job requirements and give details how you meet all of the qualifications. Even supposing nursing is a very huge industry that employs lots and lots of people, the job market is still spirited. Carefully arrange your cover letter by researching the employer, describing how you will add to the organization and distinguishing your accomplishments.
This Sample Cover Letter for Registered Nurse Resume is useful for both experienced and newly grad nurses. Modify the second paragraph only, as per your needs.
Registered Nurse Cover Letter Example
56 Example Street
Albuquerque, NM 98777
January 01, 2012
Ms. Catherine Joseph
Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center
Albuquerque, NM 85777
Re: Registered Nurse (Position # 65877)
Dear Ms. Joseph:
I am eager to join Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center (CTRC) as a Registered Nurse because I realize that your commitment to developing excellent patient care creates a challenging yet rewarding work environment. Working as a Registered Nurse for CTRC, I anticipate opportunities to leverage my interest in patient care while gaining practical experience in this profession.
Through professional internships, experiences and my academic coursework, I have acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the Registered Nurse position at CTRC:
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and provide total patient and resident care inside an assigned nursing unit
• Thorough understanding of implementing the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific requirements
• Substantial knowledge of monitoring resident outcomes and reports abnormal findings to Nurse Management
• Able to administer specified medications in keeping with established standards and policies
• Comprehensive knowledge of development of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care
• Documented success to maintain patient’s status in line with unit specific procedure
• Proven record of creating an environment of safety for patients and relatives
My resume is enclosed for your further consideration. I would like to meet with you soon to discuss employment possibilities with the CTRC. I will call you in the next few days to follow up and see if it is suitable to arrange an interview. In the meantime, I can be reached at (999) 555-9999. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Alina K. Berry – RN