As nursing is a very huge industry that employs lots of people, the job market is very aggressive. Therefore you need to carefully arrange your cover letter by researching the employer, describing how you will add to the organization and distinguish yourself by highlighting your relevant qualifications, strengths and accomplishments.
➜ Opening paragraph: Start your letter with a short, yet energetic introduction to make yourself prominent from other applicants.
➜ Main body: Second and/or third paragraphs comprises the main body of your letter. Emphasize on your background, relevant experiences and skills. Also relate your qualifications with the job description and give examples of your accomplishments.
➜ Closing paragraph: Restate your enthusiasm for the RN position with a specific employer. Ask for an interview and give your contact details. Also tell the employer how you will follow-up on your application.
The following samples of cover letter for Registered Nurse Resume is useful for both experienced and newly grad nurses.
56 Example Street
Albuquerque, NM 98777
March 15, 2015
Ms. Catherine Joseph
Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center
24 New Wales Street
Albuquerque, NM 85777
Re: Registered Nurse (Position ID # 65877)
Dear Ms. Joseph:
I am eager to join Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center (CTRC) as a Registered Nurse because I realize that your commitment to maintain excellent patient care standards creates a challenging yet rewarding work environment. Working as a Registered Nurse for CTRC, I anticipate opportunities to leverage my interest in patient care while delivering the best of my expertise in nursing profession.
Through professional internships, experiences and academic coursework, I have acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the Registered Nurse position at CTRC:
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and provide total patient and resident care inside an assigned nursing unit
• Thorough understanding of implementing the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific requirements
• Substantial knowledge of monitoring resident outcomes and reporting abnormal findings
• Able to administer specified medications in keeping with established standards and policies
• Documented success in maintaining patient’s status compliant with unit’s specific procedure
• Proven record of creating an environment of safety for patients and families
My resume is enclosed for your further consideration. I would like to meet with you soon to discuss employment possibilities with the CTRC. I will call you in the next few days to follow up and see if it is suitable to arrange an interview. In the meantime, I can be reached at (999) 555-9999.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Alina K. Berry – RN
540 Kevin Ave • Boston, MA 54322 • (003) 222-1111 • samuel @ email . com
March 15, 2015
Mr. Timothy Johnson
98 Lilly Ave
Boston, MA 54332
Dear Mr. Johnson:
My broad background in nursing profession, from direct patient care to physician assistance, coupled with my ability to execute treatment plans effectively, are the assets I would bring to a Registered Nurse position at Northwest Hospital.
I believe the following qualifications are relevant to your needs:
• Competent at providing assistance to physician and surgeon
• Well versed in administering IV and oral medications as per chart
• Special talent for record keeping, vitals checking and making discharge slips
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology
• Full command over various medical software
4+ years of diverse experience as a registered Nurse in various departments at The Capital Hospital has rendered me a highly expert in delivering nursing services especially in ER, surgery and ICU departments. I am confident that my services will prove to be highly valuable and will definitely enhance patient satisfaction level.
Although the enclosed resume is comprehensive, it does not fully demonstrate the dedication and value I deliver to patients. For that reason, I would welcome an opportunity to see you in person to discuss the prospect further. Please feel free to call me at (003) 222-1111 if you have any queries.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.