As nursing is a very big industry that employs lots of people, therefore the job market is very aggressive. You need to carefully arrange your cover letter by researching about the employer, describing how you will add to the organization and distinguish yourself by highlighting your relevant qualifications, strengths and accomplishments.
Opening paragraph: Start your letter with a short, yet energetic introduction to make yourself prominent from other applicants.
Main body: Second and/or third paragraphs comprises the main body of your letter. Emphasize on your background, relevant experiences and nursing skills. Also relate your qualifications with the job description and give a list of your accomplishments.
Closing paragraph: Restate your enthusiasm for the RN position with a specific employer. Ask for an interview and give your contact details. Also tell the employer how you will follow-up on your application.
The following cover letter samples will help you building a great cover letter for registered nurse resume.
56 Example Street
Albuquerque, NM 98777
November 7, 2015
Ms. Catherine Joseph
Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center
24 New Wales Street
Albuquerque, NM 85777
Re: Registered Nurse (Position ID # 65877)
Dear Ms. Joseph:
I am eager to join Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center (CTRC) as a Registered Nurse because I realize that your commitment to maintain excellent patient care standards creates a challenging yet rewarding work environment. Working as a Registered Nurse for CTRC, I anticipate leveraging my expertise in nursing profession to deliver quality patient care.
Through professional experiences and academic coursework, I have developed attributes highly relevant to the Registered Nurse position at CTRC:
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and provide total patient and resident care within an assigned nursing unit
• Track record of implementing individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific requirements
• Competent at monitoring resident outcomes and reporting abnormal findings
• Able to administer specified medications in keeping with established standards and policies
• Documented success in maintaining patient’s status compliant with unit’s specific procedure
• Proven record of creating a safe environment for patients and families
My resume is enclosed for your further consideration. I would like to meet with you to discuss my nursing talents in detail. I will call you in few days to follow up and see if it is suitable to arrange an interview. In the meantime, I can be reached at (999) 555-9999.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Alina K. Berry – RN
540 Kevin Ave • Boston, MA 54322 • (003) 222-1111 • samuel @ email . com
November 7, 2015
Mr. Timothy Johnson
98 Lilly Ave
Boston, MA 54332
Dear Mr. Johnson:
My broad background in nursing profession – from direct patient care to physician assistance – coupled with my ability to execute treatment plans effectively, are the assets I would bring to a Registered Nurse position at Northwest Hospital.
4+ years of diverse experience as a registered Nurse in various departments at The Capital Hospital has rendered me a highly expert in delivering nursing services especially in ER, surgery and ICU departments. I am confident that my services will prove to be highly valuable and will definitely enhance patient satisfaction level. My following qualifications seems to be most relevant to your needs:
• Competent at providing assistance to physician and surgeon
• Well-versed in administering IV and oral medications as per chart
• Special talent for record keeping, vitals checking and making discharge slips
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology
• Full command over various medical software
Although the enclosed resume is comprehensive, it does not fully demonstrate the dedication and value I deliver to patients. For that reason, I would welcome an opportunity to see you in person to discuss your needs and my abilities further. Please feel free to call me at (003) 222-1111 if you have any queries.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.