When sending a job application for the position of a Registered Nurse, always include an attractive cover letter with your resume or job application. Remember to address the letter to the right person or department, if you want to get good results. As nursing is a very huge industry that employs lots of people, the job market is very spirited. Carefully arrange your cover letter by researching the employer, describing how you will add to the organization and distinguish yourself by highlighting your relevant qualifications, strengths and accomplishments.
RN Cover Letter Guidelines
➜ Opening paragraph: Start your letter with a short, yet energetic introduction to help yourself prominent from other applicants. Identify the position of registered nurse and mention how you became aware of the position.
➜ Second paragraph: Draw emphasis to your background, relevant experiences and skills. Also relate your experience with the job requirements and give examples of your accomplishments.
➜ Closing paragraph: Restate your enthusiasm for the RN position, ask for an interview and give your contact details. Also tell the employer how you will follow-up on your application.
The following sample of Cover Letter for Registered Nurse Resume is useful for both experienced and newly grad nurses. Modify the second paragraph only, as per your needs.
Registered Nurse Cover Letter Example
56 Example Street
Albuquerque, NM 98777
July 18, 2013
Ms. Catherine Joseph
Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center
24 New Wales Street
Albuquerque, NM 85777
Re: Registered Nurse (Position ID # 65877)
Dear Ms. Joseph:
I am eager to join Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center (CTRC) as a Registered Nurse because I realize that your commitment to developing excellent patient care creates a challenging yet rewarding work environment. Working as a Registered Nurse for CTRC, I anticipate opportunities to leverage my interest in patient care while delivering the best of my expertise in this profession.
Through professional internships, experiences and academic coursework, I have acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the Registered Nurse position at CTRC:
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and provide total patient and resident care inside an assigned nursing unit
• Thorough understanding of implementing the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific requirements
• Substantial knowledge of monitoring resident outcomes and reporting abnormal findings
• Able to administer specified medications in keeping with established standards and policies
• Comprehensive knowledge of development of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care
• Documented success in maintaining patient’s status compliant with unit’s specific procedure
• Proven record of creating an environment of safety for patients and relatives
My resume is enclosed for your further consideration. I would like to meet with you soon to discuss employment possibilities with the CTRC. I will call you in the next few days to follow-up and see if it is suitable to arrange an interview. In the meantime, I can be reached at (999) 555-9999.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Alina K. Berry – RN