Service porters usually work for a food or automobile industry. Their work usually involves maintenance and cleaning but the exact specifics of their job depend on the company they work for.
While applying for a service porter job, keep in mind that employers are seeking porters which demonstrate the best skills and abilities in their resume. Therefore, your resume must be attractive, informative, professional, and ordered. Look at the following sample which will assist you in preparing your job application.
Service Porter Resume Sample
25 Example Street, Baytown, TX 98521
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Service Porter position with the Texas Autos where excellent cleaning and maintenance skills can be fully utilized to improve the company’s profitability.
• Over two years’ experience as service porter
• Highly skilled in cleaning and preparing vehicles for display at a car lot and for sale
• In-depth knowledge of moving vehicles to maintain flow of traffic
• Hands-on experience in transporting the vehicles
• Able to make sure that the appropriate sale stickers are placed on the vehicle
• Proven record of assisting customers with questions and directing them to the suitable staff
• Thorough understanding of maintaining cleanliness of the dealership
Service Porter | Baytown Ford – Baytown, TX | May 2009 – Present
• Replenish all vehicle fluids and carry out other minor vehicle assistance
• Drive motor vehicle to and from service lane
• Make and display key tags on automobiles
• Keep auto lots neat and arranged
• Clean driveway and footpath, remove debris from premise
• Move cars in keeping dealership display standards
High School Diploma – 2008
• Good communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail