A Practical Nurse is responsible for providing compassionate patient care under the supervision of a physician or registered nurse. A practical nurse, either LPN or LVN, works full- or part-time hours in different healthcare settings.
Any Practical Nurse job openings faces a high competition, particularly for positions in reputed clinics and hospitals. The job market for this position is quite lucrative within the US and Canada with very low chances of saturation.
The only way which can set you apart from the rest of competition is a well-formatted resume which is written in keeping with the requirements of the prospective employer. The following is a CV/Resume sample will guide you how to write a resume for practical nurse position.
See also: Practical Nurse Cover Letter
872 Fruit Flowers Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 63739
(900) 119-9999, candice @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a Practical Nurse position with FFA Healthcare. Offering exceptional acumen for acute patient care and considerable experience working in the healthcare industry.
• Functional knowledge of carrying out complex nursing procedures
• Hands on experience in performing nonstandard and specialized practical nursing activities
• In depth knowledge of providing direct patient care including carrying out rehabilitation activities and programs
• Track record of working in accordance with the safety and health guidelines
EXCELLENCE IN PRACTICAL NURSING
• Conducted a series of interactive activities for the seniors at Sava Senior Care as a fundamental step in mental rehabilitation
• Demonstrated excellence in practical nursing by handling a difficult emergency situations in succession
Feb 2008 – Present
Sava Senior Care – Las Vegas, NV
• Provided direct care to senior patients
• Administer medication to patients
• Monitoring effects of medication and recording information
• Assist patients at mealtimes and provide ambulation services
• Record patient treatment for the benefit of the registered nurse
• Assist in creating an carrying out rehabilitation programs
• Assist in transcribing doctors’ orders
• Observe changes in clinical and functional status
• Provide for emotional and physical comfort and safety of residents and patients
Current NV Practical Nursing Licensure – 2007
Certified Nursing Assistant – 2006
• Excellent grasp of medical terminology
• Above par written and verbal communication skills
• Profound ability to respond to emergency situations effectively
• Ability to follow observation and follow instructions appropriately