A store clerk is usually an entry level and mid career retail sales position. They are accountable for selling products and providing excellent customer services to consumers on the floor. They usually work under the direct supervision of a store manager. This professional greets customers and monitors customers needs regularly to provide them with solution. They also help the store in loss prevention.
Besides selling and customer service tasks, s/he also maintains the outlook of store, restocking shelves, dusting , cleaning, sweeping, and mopping floors as required.
Store clerks perform some or all of the following duties. You may select 5 to 7 phrases which are most relevant to employer’s requirements.
• Welcome customers, maintain knowledge and help them with the selection of merchandise
• Arrange shopping carts
• Communicate information regarding product availability, ingredients and nutritional information
• Answer the telephone in a pleasant and caring way
• Participate in counting store’s physical inventory
• React to all concerns of customers quickly with a sense of importance
• Maintain cleanliness of store
• Dispose of cardboard waste and trash
• Uphold predefined customer service standards
• Handle cash, change and operate the cash register
• Ensure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained continually
• Organize merchandise pricing, signage and coding
• Maintain freezer items at a secure and satisfactory level