The following Job Description for Store Clerk Resume will make your resume stand out.
A store clerk is usually an entry level retail sales position, who is accountable for selling products and providing excellent customer services to consumers on the floor. S/he usually works under the guidance of a store manager. He or she greets and cooperate with customers, and monitors customers regularly to help the store in loss prevention. Besides selling and customer service, s/he also maintains the look of store, restocking shelves, dusting , cleaning, sweeping, and mopping floors as required.
Store Clerk Job Description for Resume
Store clerks perform some or all of the following duties. You may select 5 to 7 phrases which are most relevant to employer’s requirements.
• Welcome customers, maintain knowledge and help with the selection of merchandise
• Arrange shopping carts
• Communicate information regarding product availability, ingredients and nutritional information
• Answer the telephone in a pleasant and caring way
• Participate in counting store’s physical inventory
• React to all concerns of custimers quickly with a sense of importance
• Maintain cleanliness of store
• Dispose of cardboard waste and trash
• Uphold predefined customer service standards
• Handle cash, change and operate the cash register
• Ensure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained continually
• Organize merchandise pricing, signage and coding
• Maintain freezer items at a secure and satisfactory level