A store clerk is usually an entry level retail sales position, who is accountable for selling products and providing excellent customer services to consumers on the floor. S/he usually works under the guidance of a store manager. This professional greets and cooperate with customers, and monitors customers regularly to help the store in loss prevention.
Besides selling and customer service tasks, s/he also maintains the look of store, restocking shelves, dusting , cleaning, sweeping, and mopping floors as required.
The following Job Description for Store Clerk Resume will make your resume stand out.
Store Clerk Job Description for Resume
Store clerks perform some or all of the following duties. You may select 5 to 7 phrases which are most relevant to employer’s requirements.
• Welcome customers, maintain knowledge and help them with the selection of merchandise
• Arrange shopping carts
• Communicate information regarding product availability, ingredients and nutritional information
• Answer the telephone in a pleasant and caring way
• Participate in counting store’s physical inventory
• React to all concerns of customers quickly with a sense of importance
• Maintain cleanliness of store
• Dispose of cardboard waste and trash
• Uphold predefined customer service standards
• Handle cash, change and operate the cash register
• Ensure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained continually
• Organize merchandise pricing, signage and coding
• Maintain freezer items at a secure and satisfactory level