Bookkeepers are required to manage a company’s financial records to ensure stability of expenditure. They record financial transactions, manage bank statements and even manage payroll.
When building a resume for bookkeeper position, you should remember that there is no right or wrong style/format to present your qualifications for bookkeeping position. The format depends on your career level, skills and experience. If you have less than 10 years of experience, you may use a skills based/functional format and keep your resume one page in length.
● As employers scan your resume in 15-20 seconds so mention your most relevant and strongest attributes.
● A consistent format is very important for your resume. Select format that suits your profile.
● Keep updating your resume t make it ready for next job application.
Related: : Bookkeeper Cover Letter for Resume
4550 Regalia Ave ♦ Denver, CO 82092 ♦ (009) 333-4444 ♦ jonathan @ email . com
❖❖ BOOKKEEPER ❖❖
Performance Summary: Well organized and tactful Bookkeeper with 5+ years of experience in cash balancing, recording of sales and maintaining cash flow sheets. Verifiable track record of handling and generating invoices and processing income statement requests. Familiar with CPA bookkeeping protocol and GAAP guidelines.
|– Ledger maintenance||– Quickbooks||– Account handling|
|– Transaction verification||– Information tracking||– Financial reporting|
|– Financial transactions||– Petty cash handling||– Vendor dealing|
|– CPM / BAMCO||– Record-keeping||– Payroll processing|
• Pioneered in centralizing all financial records of the clients through online bookkeeping software.
• Reconciled and balanced pending inequities distributed in eight different client accounts.
• Enhanced ledger accuracy up till 50 % by implementing effective and contemporary fool proof bookkeeping techniques.
• Attained the most dedicated employee award in 2011.
INTEGRANT, Denver, CO
Bookkeeper, 4/2012 to Present
• Maintain and balance accounts regularly including subsidiary accounts
• Post transactions timely and accurately
• Uphold general ledger and issue account summaries
• Maintain and file records
• Monitor fixed assets and manage invoices
• Manage budgets and chart of accounts
MAIN EVENT, Denver, CO
Bookkeeping Assistant, 6/2009 to 3/2012
• Assisted in record breaking summarizing and reporting of accounts payable and receivable on daily basis without any error or imbalance throughout work tenure
• Collected account information to issue financial reports
• Maintained and filed account related historical records
• Reconciled accounts and balanced the same using automated systems
• Assisted in payroll processing
City College, Denver, CO – 2009
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
CAREER OBJECTIVE (See: Bookkeeper Objectives)
Looking for a Bookkeeper position with First Financials utilizing exceptional skills in bookkeeping and extensive background in accounting to manage the company’s financial records effectively.
• Over 2 years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping arena
• Highly skilled in performing A/P, A/R, billing, financial reconciliations and payroll tasks
• Honest and trustworthy
• Computer: QuickBooks and MS Excel
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Accounts Reconciliation and balancing||● Deposit slips preparation|
|● Reports compilation||● Cash receipts and expenditures|
|● Accounts payable and receivable||● Profit and loss statements|
|Accent Finances – Westport Island, ME||
Dec 2015 – Present
• Maintain company books including A/P, A/R, bank statements and other reports
• Reconcile and balance accounts
• Manage employee payroll services
• Record cash receipts
• Issue financial statements as and when required
• Prepare all tax reports
• Introduced a system of online bookkeeping activities to ensure centralization of financial records
• Attained Employee of the Year Awarded following excellence in managing financial controls of the company for the entire year
|University of Alaska – Fairbanks, AK||
Jan 2014 – Dec 2015
• Maintained financial records
• Reconciled accounts
• Prepared trial balance of books
• Established and balanced a variety of accounts by means of manual and automated systems
• Posted journal entries
• Maintained general ledgers and prepared financial statements
UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA – Fairbanks, AK – 2012
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Able to maintain confidentiality of documents
• Proven ability to perform advanced accounting and mathematical calculations
• Outstanding work ethics with excellent organizational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communication skills