Bookkeepers are required to manage a company’s financial records to ensure stability of expenditure. They record financial transactions, manage bank statements and even manage payroll.
When building a resume, you should remember that there is no right or wrong style to present your qualifications for bookkeeping position. The format you use will depend upon your career level, skills and experience. If you have less than 10 years of experience, try to use a skills based/functional format and keep your resume under one page long.
Bookkeeper Resume Tips
Important points go to the top: Remember the employer will probably scan your resume in 15 – 20 seconds. Make it your best shot. Begin with the strongest features of your profile.
Choose an appropriate format and stick to it: A consistent format is very important for your resume. Select one format that suits your profile and then stick to it.
Regularly update your resume: When was the last time you updated your resume? Keep updating it time after time so you have it ready or almost ready when the perfect offer comes your way.
Following are two samples of great resumes for bookkeeper position.
Also See: Bookkeeper Cover Letter for Resume
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 1 (Less Experienced / Entry Level)
CAREER OBJECTIVE (See: Bookkeeper Objectives)
Looking for a Bookkeeper position with First Financials utilizing exceptional skills in bookkeeping and extensive background in accounting to assist with the company’s financial records management effectively.
• Over 6 years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping field
• Highly skilled in performing A/P, A/R, billing, financial reconciliations and payroll tasks
• Honest and trustworthy
• Computer: QuickBooks and MS Excel
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Accounts Reconciliation and balancing||● Deposit slips preparation|
|● Reports compilation||● Cash receipts and expenditures|
|● Accounts payable and receivable||● Profit and loss statements|
|Accent Finances – Westport Island, ME|
Dec 2010 – Present
• Maintain company books including A/P, A/R, bank statements and other reports
• Reconcile and balance accounts
• Manage employee payroll services
• Record cash receipts
• Issue financial statements as and when required
• Prepare all tax reports
• Monitor fixed assets and manage invoices
• Maintain budgets and chart of accounts
✔ Introduced a system of online bookkeeping activities to ensure centralization of financial records
✔ Attained Employee of the Year Awarded following excellence in managing financial controls of the company for the entire year
|University of Alaska – Fairbanks, AK|
Jan 2007 – Dec 2010
• Maintained financial records
• Reconciled accounts
• Prepared trial balance of books
• Established and balanced a variety of accounts by means of manual and automated systems
• Posted journal entries
• Maintained general ledgers and prepared financial statements
UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA – Fairbanks, AK
Masters of Business Administration
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Able to maintain confidentiality of documents
• Proven ability to perform advanced accounting and mathematical calculations
• Outstanding work ethics with excellent organizational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
Bookkeeper Resume Sample 2 (Experienced)
4550 Regalia Ave ♦ Denver, CO 82092 ♦ (009) 333-4444 ♦ jonathan @ email . com
❖❖ BOOKKEEPER ❖❖
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Well organized and tactful bookkeeper offering 5+ years of experience in the field. Particularly skilled in cash balancing, recording of sales and maintaining cash flow sheets. Demonstrated ability of handling and generating invoices and processing income statement requests. Familiar with CPA bookkeeping protocol and relevant GAAP issued guidelines.
|Ledger maintenance||Quick book specific||Account handling|
|Transaction verification||Information tracking||Finance reporting|
|Financial transactions||Petty cash handling||Vendor dealing|
|CPM / BAMCO||Record and inventory keeping||Payroll processing|
• Pioneered in centralizing all financial records of the clients through online bookkeeping software.
• Reconciled and balanced pending inequities distributed in eight different client accounts.
• Enhanced ledger accuracy up till 50 % by implementing effective and contemporary fool proof bookkeeping techniques.
• Earned the most dedicated employee award in 2011.
INTEGRANT, Denver, CO
Bookkeeper, 4/2012 to Present
• Maintain and balance accounts regularly including subsidiary accounts
• Post transactions timely and accurately
• Uphold general ledger and issue account summaries
• Maintain and file all records
MAIN EVENT, Denver, CO
Jr. Bookkeeper, 6/2009 to 3/2012
• Assisted in record breaking summarizing and reporting of accounts payable and receivable on daily basis without any error or imbalance throughout work tenure
• Collected account information to issue financial reports
• Maintained and filed account related historical records
• Reconciled accounts and balanced the same using automated systems
• Assisted in payroll processing
INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES, Denver, CO, 2009
Bachelors of Science in Accounting