An Optometrist Assistant is responsible for greeting customers, answering phone and obtaining eligibility from insurance on-line. S/he is also accountable for scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out. Knowledge of MS Word and Quick Books along with type speed of 50 wpm is desirable for this position.
In order to fruitfully landing of a job in the field of optometry, you require both technical and customer care skills. Your knowledge and experience (full time or internship) is vital to sell yourself.
Remember! A well-written resume along with a compelling cover letter for Optometrist Assistant is the key of your job application success. Look at the following sample in order to make your attention grabbing resume.
Optometrist Assistant Resume Sample
1701 Hilton Suites, Example Avenue, Houston, TX 58974
[Contact #], [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position of optometry assistant in a reputed eye clinic where I can utilize my qualifications and skills in the field of optometry.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands-on experience in supporting the optometrist during examinations
- Know-how of assisting patient in frame selection, adjustment and repair of glasses
- Great knowledge in fabrication of eye glasses or contact lenses
- Skilled in maintaining records, plan appointments, carry out bookkeeping, communication, and filing
- Able to teach patients how to apply eye dressings and how to insert and take contact lenses away
ABC Eye Clinic, Houston TX | May 2010 – Dec 2010
- Prepared patients for eyesight examination; helped in testing for near and far acuity, depth insight, macula integrity, color acuity and visual field by making use of ocular testing apparatus
- Taught patients in care and make use of glasses or contact lenses
- Worked with patient in vision therapy
- Maintained the examination room and keeping apparatus clean
- Assisted the Optometrist during surgery
- Prepared correspondence and set up appointments
St Louis College of Technical Studies, Houston TX
High School Diploma – 2009
- Good communication and patient care skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Optometry software