An Optometrist Assistant is responsible for greeting customers, answering phone and obtaining eligibility from insurance on-line. S/he is also accountable for scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out. Knowledge of MS Word and Quick Books along with type speed of 50 wpm is desirable for this position.
In order to fruitfully landing of a job in the field of optometry, you require both technical and customer care skills. Your knowledge and experience (full time or internship) is vital to sell yourself.
Remember! A well-written resume along with a compelling cover letter for Optometrist Assistant is the key of your job application success.
The following resume sample will guide you how to build an effective resume for optometrist assistant when you have no experience in hand.
101 Hilton Suites, Houston, TX 58974
[Contact #], [Email Address]
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
– Hands-on experience in supporting the optometrist during examinations
– Well-versed in assisting patient in frame selection, adjustment and repair of glasses
– Great knowledge in fabrication of eye glasses or contact lenses
– Skilled in maintaining records and arranging appointments
– Demonstrated ability to perform basic bookkeeping and filing tasks
– Able to teach patients how to apply eye dressings and how to insert and remove contact lenses
ABC Eye Clinic, Houston TX | May 2015 – Dec 2015
– Prepared patients for eye examination; helped in testing for near and far acuity, depth insight, macula integrity, color acuity and visual field using ocular testing apparatus
– Taught patients regarding caring for their eyes and using glasses or contact lenses
– Worked with patients in vision therapy
– Maintained the examination room and kept apparatus clean
– Assisted Optometrist during surgery
– Prepared correspondence and set up appointments
St Louis College of Technical Studies, Houston TX – 2014
Certificate in Optometric Technology/Opticianry
– Good communication and patient care skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Basic bookkeeping skills
– Proficient in MS Office Suite and Optometry software