A Home Health Aide provides medical and non-medical support to clients under the supervision doctor or RN. They assist client or family in the attainment of physical and emotional comfort.
A well-written resume and cover letter for HHA is very important if you want to be considered for the advertised position of a home health aide. In your resume, you should focus on your skills in providing personal care, rehabilitative, support services and observation of patient. Also mention your written and verbal communication and improvement activities.
The following examples are written by professionals to guide job seekers how to write an effective resume for home heath aide job.
See also: Sample Objectives for HHA Resume
65 Example Avenue ♦ Albany, KY 65987 ♦ (212) 999-9699 ♦ maria @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Home Health Aide position with Albany Care utilizing expertise in providing quality healthcare and service to clients.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 6 months work experience as a Nursing Aide
• Highly skilled in assisting clients with activities of daily living
• Demonstrated ability of performing errands, meal preparation, transpiration, laundry, and light housekeeping
• Compassionate nature and loving disposition
• Good communication skills
● Dressing ● Personal Hygiene ● Shaving ● Ambulation ● Eating Assistance
• Appreciation letter from client – Sep 2011
• [List your achievements (with evidence)]
May 2011 – Dec 2011
Amedisys, Inc. – Albany, KY
Home Health Aide
• Assisted clients with personal hygiene
• Provided nutritional support to elderly
• Performed errands
• Reported changes RN t in the patient’s condition
• Helped with ambulation and exercise
High School Diploma – 2002
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
• Home Health Aide training
• CNA certification
• Current CPR Card
• Automobile insurance
• Current driver’s license
455 Maple Ave ~ Bristol, TN 65211
Gina Stevens, CNA
HOME HEALTH AIDE
Eager to bring equality to clients’ life.
SUMMARY: Highly compassionate, dependable professional with a track-record of providing bedside care, nutritional assistance and medicine administration to clients of different ages. CNA certified with full command on basic home health care protocols and quality companionship skills. Fully familiar with infection control procedures.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Infection Control||– Personal Care Protocols||– Client Transportation|
|– Feeding Assistance||– Personal Hygiene||– Exercise Assistance|
|– Need Assessment||– Bedside Care||– Catheter Care|
|– Grooming and Dressing||– Medicine Administration||– Companionship|
• Enhanced client satisfaction level by 60% through delivery of excellent home health care, vigilant monitoring and effective physician family communication.
• Revived basic physical activity in many depressed clients by providing high quality companionship and exercise assistance.
• Delivered life saving first aid to a client having an asthma attack and called an ambulance timely to transport the patient for intensive care as soon as she stabilized.
PEOPLE FIRST, Bristol, TN
Home Health Aide, 5/2012 to Present
• Deliver bedside care to clients and assist in maintenance of their personal hygiene.
• Monitor the client’s vitals on daily basis, coordinate with client’s family and physician regarding progress and communicate any changes in health immediately.
• Provide high quality companionship to clients and ensure the medicines are being administered as prescribed.
CENTURA HEALTH, Bristol, TN
Personal Care Assistant, 3/2009 to 4/2012
• Carried out daily living tasks like personal grooming, feeding, bathing, and toileting.
• Administered all prescribed medicines on time and accompanied the clients to hospital visits.
• Conducted light housekeeping tasks, laundry and grocery shopping and maintained general conversations with clients.
SOME COLLEGE, Bristol, TN – 2009
Diploma in Nursing Assistance
CITY SCHOOL, Bristol, TN – 2005
High School Diploma
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs