Writing an entry-level accounting resume can seem like a scary task due to lack of practical experience in hand. But, don’t let this reality overcome you. Keep in mind that although the competition can be high, the position is still entry-level, meaning that your competitors probably don’t have experience too. At this point, your resume and cover letter will differentiate you from the rest of the crowd.
• In an entry level resume for accounting job, focus on your education, strengths, knowledge and skill set. This will give you a strong edge over others.
• Make a one page resume using relevant keywords and precise bullet points.
If you have just graduated / changing career and are looking for an effective resume for entry level accounting position, the following resume sample will help you in creating your own resume.
825 Forest View Avenue, Sioux City, IA 63534
(020) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as an Accountant with Core Technologies utilizing knowledge of general accounting procedures in order to assist the office with its periodic accounting processes.
Sioux Accounts College – Sioux City, IA – 2015
Associate of Science in Accounting
|• Accounting Foundations||• Business Taxation and Compliance|
|• Principles of Economics||• Business Statistics|
|• Cost Accounting||• Financial Accounting|
|• Accounting Information Systems||• Commercial Law|
• Good knowledge of coordinating, monitoring and participating in monthly accounting procedures
• Strong know-how of organizing the preparation of periodic financial reports
• In depth knowledge of preparing reconciliation of outstanding payments
• Well versed in issuing purchase orders and managing verification procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• In depth knowledge of automated accounting systems including ERP
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Capable of analyzing trends and variances
Parker and Parker – Sioux City, IA | Summer 2012
• Assisted in day by day accounting tasks: entered A/P and A/R, processed payments, organized client billing folders, procedure documentation
• Performed general office duties: filing, scanning, mail processing and data entry
• Provided support for the annual audit
• Assisted Accounting Manager with different projects
• Reconciled bank statements and ledger accounts
• Assisted with daily cash balancing
• Updated management reports
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to work in a high volume environment
• Physically dexterous
• Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
• Knowledge of liabilities and payment obligations