Resumes written for steel worker position much be well-structured. In addition, the information in them should be spot on.
A steelworker resume will include information on skills, education, and experience particular to the job.
This will comprise knowledge of using tools and equipment related to the job, as well as prior experience in this regard.
When you begin writing a steelworker resume, your focus should be on both the format and the information provided within.
Since working as a steel worker is physically taxing, it is important that you highlight your ability to handle physically difficult work.
A resume sample for a steelworker position is provided here for your reference:
Steel Worker Resume Sample
290 Pearl Road, Rockford, IL29842
Physically strong steel worker with 7+ years of solid track record. Ability to construct and install steel frameworks, as well as maintain them properly. Expert at making repairs to old infrastructures.
• Introduced a series of safety measures, as a result, accidents were reduced by 50%.
• Increased safety of structures through the introduction of reinforcement materials.
• Trained 36 new steelworkers, as part of their induction program.
|• Steel Frames Construction||• Reinforcement||• Repair and Maintenance|
|• Equipment Operations||• Tools Use||• Blueprints Comprehension|
|• Permanent Riveting||• Framework Erecting||• Iron Structures Connections|
|• Structural Alignment||• Safety Measures||• Alterations|
KJ Steel Co., Rockford, IL | 6/2010 – Present
• Look at work orders in order to determine daily tasks.
• Converse with foremen to obtain important information.
• Arrange for materials and supplies such as steel, metal, iron, and reinforcement rods to be made available.
• Haul materials and supplies from delivery trucks to work sites.
• Assemble hoisting equipment, such as, pulleys, hooks, and cables.
• Layout and fabricate structural steel and sheet metal.
• Build and install iron and steel girders and columns.
• Cut and position steel bars, as well as bolt them down for reinforcement purposes.
• Use a wide variety of equipment such as cranes and hoists.
Millport Construction, Rockford, IL | 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Cleared worksites by removing debris and hazardous materials.
• Assisted in carrying materials such as steel girders and iron rods to the work site.
• Erected steel frames and cut and positioned steel bars.
• Connected steel columns and beams.
• Used tools like plump bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
High School Diploma
Rockford High School, Rockford, IL – 2009