Social Worker Cover Letter Tips
● Start your cover letter by directly specifying the position title and stating the reason why are you the best contender for it.
● Mention your interest in working as a social worker for prospective company.
● Keep employer’s needs in mind and highlight what you can do for them and the society. You can give examples from your academics and practical work.
● Do not repeat the same information which is already present in your resume.
● The social worker cover letter should not exceed one page.
Social Worker Cover Letter Example
1050 South Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125
j.gravette @ email . com
November 1, 2017
Ms. Cynthia Hawkins
Inova Health System
609h street suite 313
Dear Ms. Hawkins:
I am writing to apply for the position of Social Worker at Inova Health System, as advertised on Salve Regina University’s placement office. My master’s degree in social work and 8+ years’ hands-on experience makes me a good contender.
After completing my education I have taken full advantage of the opportunities provided by Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University to enrich my professional experience. I worked there for six years and practiced in full range of social services typically pertaining to substance abuse treatment programs.
I achieved exceptional results in group and witnessed my patients recovered and walked out which brought me great delight. Moreover, I successfully conducted psychological interviews and evaluations and provided individual and group therapies for diagnosed patients.
From a very young age, I wanted to make myself useful to mankind and serve people. Thus, my profession is my passion. I want to take the aim of Inova Health System forward and eager to serve humanity more than ever. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Last updated on