Social Worker Cover Letter Tips
● Start your cover letter by directly specifying the Social Worker position and stating the reason why are you the best contender for it.
● Mention your interest to work as a social worker for prospective company.
● Keep employer’s concern in mind and highlight what you can do for them and the society. You can give examples from your academics and practical work.
● Do not repeat the same information present in your resume.
● A cover letter for social worker resume should not exceed one page.
1050 South Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125
j.gravette @ email . com
April 24, 2017
Ms. Cynthia Hawkins
Inova Health System
609h street suite 313
Dear Ms. Hawkins:
I am writing to apply for the position of Social Worker at Inova Health System, as advertised on Salve Regina University’s placement office. My master’s degree in social work and 8+ years’ hands-on experience makes me a good contender.
After completing my education I have taken full advantage of the opportunities provided by Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University to enrich my professional experience. I worked there for six years and practiced in full range of social services typically pertaining to substance abuse treatment programs. I achieved exceptional results in group and witnessed my patients recovered and walked out which brought me great delight. Moreover, I successfully conducted psychological interviews and evaluations and provided individual and group therapies for diagnosed patients.
From a very young age, I wanted to make myself useful to mankind and serve people. Thus, my profession is much more than a typical job i.e. it is my passion.
I want to take the aim of Inova Health System forward and eager to serve humanity more than ever. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.