A locksmith’s resume must be exceptionally well-written if one expects the hiring manager to take notice.
This is only possible if the resume has all the right information in it, and is formatted in a reader-friendly way.
As far as the information is concerned, a locksmith must ensure that he or she writes what is important.
For example, you can highlight the various capabilities you have in installing and repairing locking systems, and the experience that you have to your name.
Here is a resume sample for a locksmith position that you might be interested in:
See also: Locksmith Cover Letter
Locksmith Resume Sample
19 West Road SE, Niagara Falls, NY
Competent and resourceful individual, with 13+ years of solid track record in installing, maintaining, and repairing locking and key systems. Experienced in maintaining master key systems, through accurate recording of hardware changes, and new lock installations.
– Lock Repair
– Locking Systems Maintenance
– Alarm Systems Installation
- Devised a master key maintenance system, as a result, decreased repair requirements by 65%.
- Trained 65 newly hired locksmiths in handling equipment and tools related to locks.
- Implemented a unique key fabrication system, thereby, reduced key-making time by 50%.
- Introduced the concept of digital locking systems, consequently, increased building security.
Mac’s Lock and Key, Niagara Falls, NY | 2010-present
- Confer with clients in order to determine their locking system needs.
- Assess sites to figure out possible locking and alarms systems requirements.
- Provide clients with information on possible locking solutions for homes and offices.
- Install and adjust standard and complex locking systems.
- Cut new or duplicate keys using existing patterns and keys.
- Open locks for which keys have been lost.
- Develop plans for the installation of alarm and locking systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of lock designs and features.
First Security Company, Niagara Falls, NY | 2005-2010
- Evaluated and recommended solutions for various alarm and locking systems.
- Developed keying systems for master control keys, as well as individual locks.
- Fabricated keys from metal and steel using original designs.
- Inserted new or replaced tumblers into locks in order to change combinations.
- Opened safe-locks by performing drilling work.
- Created and maintained records of work provided on clients’ sites.
High School Diploma
Niagara Falls High School, Niagara Falls, NY