Excellent resumes are always custom made for each position the candidate is applying for and are specially designed to reflect the candidate’s job specific competencies. Resume experts strongly advise all candidates to maintain one master resume and draft versions of it for each job they apply for. This enables in creating a highly focused and targeted resume for every specific position.
Resume is a one-of-its-kind marketing communication document. Following a set format or a specific layout doesn’t help in making it unique. Each candidate must draft their own document in a unique manner, drawing upon their relevant experience and skills. However the main sections that need to be covered in every resume include: a profile summary, professional achievements, core competencies, work experience and education.
Below is a hospital food service worker resume sample for your guidance.
340 Derrick Drive • Cambridge, MA 45887• (004) 333-2222 • kim @ email . com
FOOD SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
Highly accomplished and industrious hospital food service worker with profound skills in food prep, kitchen cleaning and food service. Certified food and beverages handler with demonstrated ability weigh out exact ratios of ingredients required and to follow and reproduce any given recipe. Profound knowledge regarding dietary requirements of various patients based on their diagnosis.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Order Synchronization||– Food Service||– Table Setting|
|– Payment Collection||– POS Operation||– Appliance Operation|
|– Salad Making||– Bill Generation||– Inventory Maintenance|
|– Sandwich Cutting||– Food Stocking||– Dish Washing|
• Reduced order service time by 10 minutes on the average by intelligently streamlining the tasks of various workstations within the hospital kitchen.
• Introduced 2 palate appealing yet high nutrition recipes for semisolid cereals based on the dietary requirements of majority of the elderly patients who are unable to take solids.
• Ensured 100% availability of all kitchen stock by constantly monitoring and updating the supply inventory.
NORTH WEST GENERAL HOSPITAL, Cambridge, MA
Hospital Food Service Worker, 5/2012 to Present
• Prepare the salad bar, keep it fully stocked at all times ensuring the foods’ quality and hygiene
• Prepare and assemble various meal orders for cafeteria and patient rooms
• Ensure proper sanitation of the work area and keep all floors fully stocked with kitchen necessities and items
COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE CENTRE, Cambridge, MA
Food Service Helper, 3/2010 to 4/2012
• Served food in the cafeteria and patient rooms as ordered while strictly adhering to the health and sanitation guidelines applicable
• Facilitated food prep by washing, peeling and dicing fruits and vegetables as per daily requirement
• Stacked the dishes in the dishwasher, operated the same and sterilized the utensils
ASPIRE INSTITUTE FOR HIGHER STUDIES, Cambridge, MA
Associates Degree in Food and Nutrition, 2010
• Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish