Community support workers are individuals who visit people in their homes or their workplace to provide physical or mental care and support.
Important skills required to perform this job include physical stamina, knowhow about special needs, attention to detail, rapport building, communication, collaboration, and documentation.
A community support worker resume is a great tool to convince the recruiters that you possess all the required skills and experiences.
Here is a sample resume for the community support worker position:
Community Support Worker Resume Example
56 Havana Street
San Jose, CA 67888
evelyn . miller @ email . com
Energetic and empathetic community support worker with 5+ years of community support experience and a strong background in goal setting, case management, and crisis intervention. Great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and deep understanding of protocols regarding self-development treatment plans.
- Post Discharge planning
- Physical and Mental Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic Counseling
- Community Integration
- Special Needs Support
- Medication Monitoring
Community Support Worker
XYZ Healthcare Centre, San Jose, CA
May 2019 – Present
• Successfully rehabilitated a difficult case of an autistic child in only 6 months period and helped the child blend in with mainstream school.
• Engaged a group of youth in community support activities by teaching them self-care skills and providing group counseling sessions.
• Conducted initial visits to patients’ homes and devised rehabilitation strategies after coordination with health care professionals.
• Monitored patients after discharge and followed up on their progress.
• Accompanied clients to social events and group therapy sessions and ensured community integration.
• Established individual goals after meeting with clients and developed and implemented rehabilitation plans.
• Devised and executed individual treatment plans and documented the same.
Community Support Aide
We Care Rehabilitation Centre, San Jose, CA
Aug 2017 – April 2019
• Initiated an online follow-up routine that ensured virtual interaction with all clients on daily basis in addition to the weekly visits in person.
• Provided direct care and support to people at their residence.
• Assisted clients’ engagement in social and recreational activities.
• Provided support in daily life activities as and when required.
• Maintained proper documentation of all visits and discussed all cases in weekly meetings.
• Accompanied the clients to medical appointments and helped them in the implementation of the medical plan.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
University of California, San Jose, CA