It is all very well to think that you can use a resume wizard to create a good resume for child and youth worker position.
But do you know that most resumes created through a wizard are extremely hard to navigate?
Do not bother. Instead, use the format provided below to build your resume for child and youth worker position.
Child and Youth Worker Resume Sample
120 Lawrence Street | Fishers, IN 01021
(000) 415-7845 | s_blanche @ email . com
CHILD AND YOUTH CARE PROFESSIONAL
Results-driven Child and Youth Worker with over 12 years’ track record of success assessing young people’s needs in terms of health, fitness, education and relationships, with special focus on providing interventions in drug and alcohol abuse issues. Effectively develop and implement core plans to meet the individualized needs of children and young adults.
Detail-oriented and flexible with the ability to regularly monitor and review the quality of child and youth services provided. Special talent for befriending and supporting young adults and children in different settings, including outreach work.
|Needs Assessment||Review and Monitoring||Community Outreach|
|Social and Healthcare||Crises Intervention||Behavioral Management|
|Project Management||Interest Promotion||Records Maintenance|
|Budget Administration||Resource Development||Funds Raising|
• Successfully placed over 90 children and young adults into supervised programs, increasing their quality of life.
• Intervened in a particularly difficult situation involving a suicidal teen, and brought him into the “safe zone”
• Raised funds for a child placement project, by putting in special effort in reaching out to donors.
• Implemented a needs assessment system, which was designed to work on different levels, such as participants’ age and special / individual circumstances.
Child and Youth Worker
Fairview Community Services, Fishers, IN | 2011 – Present
• Successfully engage children and young adults in conversation to determine their specific needs and placement requirements
• Provide advice and solutions regarding problem such as drug and alcohol abuse, family interaction, education and health services
• Plan and organize well-placed youth and community programs, and undertake detached outreach youth work
• Support children and young adults in different situations and mentor, coach and encourage them for greater inclusion into specified social circles
• Ascertain that the current developmental needs of children are met by actively participating in assessments and provisions
• Work towards ensuring the safety and wellbeing of young people by monitoring them and providing care according to specifications of the implemented program
• Provide support and advice in a one on one or group setting, and arrange for food and shelter for young people in need
• Plan and conduct programs focused on the specific needs of young people including training and development and education
YMCA, Fisher, IN | 2005 – 2011
• Assisted in creating and implementing youth programs to meet the individual requirements of each participant
• Engaged participants in conversation to determine what their specific needs are and provided feedback to youth worker
• Provided support in determining the need for intervention in issues such as drug and alcohol abuse
• Assisted participants in determining the type of services and resources they needed, and arranged for them to be made available
• Acted as participants’ advocate in front of social services and government departments
Fisher High School, Fisher, IN | 2005
High School Diploma