Scrutinizing resumes while keeping high standards in mind is the primary job of a recruiter. They take one look at a resume and start planning how to be harsh in judging it.
This is because being harsh is perhaps the only way they will be able to acquire quality employees.
What does that tell us as candidates?
That we have to pull our socks up and get the job done the way a recruiter wants us to.
A resume for physiotherapist position should be formulated along the lines of the sample given below:
Physiotherapist Resume Example
595 Greys Point Road | Topping, VA 52585 | (000) 322-7855 | rosepane @ email . com
Uniquely qualified Physiotherapist with a track record of success assisting patients with physical difficulties, resulting from illnesses, injuries or aging. Demonstrated expertise in promoting patient health and wellbeing by assisting with dedicated rehabilitation processes.
• Committed to creating dedicated rehabilitation processes aimed at meeting the individual needs of patients.
• Promotes patient health and wellbeing through manual therapy, therapeutic exercises, and application of technological equipment.
• Proficient in providing advice to patients to help them with avoiding injury and self-manage long-term conditions.
• Adept at organizing special therapies such as hydrotherapies, electrotherapies, and aromatherapies to assist patients in rehabilitating procedures.
|• Treatment Modification||• Patient Assessment||• Mobilization Support|
|• Rehabilitation||• Patient Appraisal||• Pain Prevention|
|• Wellness Promotion||• Orthoses Fitting||• Splintering/Plastering|
|• Discharge Planning||• Physical Health Promotion||• Movement Restoration|
Americares, Topping, VA (2015 – Present)
• Successfully assist a patient who had only 5% chance of being fully rehabilitated by running her through an extensive and thorough rehabilitation program and restoring her physical mobility by 85%.
• Implement an alternative therapy program for patients needing mobility support, with a success rate of 79%.
• Interview patients to determine their complaints and assess their conditions by going through GPs’ files.
• Provide patients with information on how advanced their physical disability is and suggest possible avenues to help them.
• Create and implement physical therapy programs to assist patients with mobility and function.
• Review existing treatment programs and incorporate exercise and movement by using a range of techniques.
International SOS, San Jose, CA (2012 to 2015)
• Led 15 informational seminars on physical wellbeing on an international level.
• Introduced a patient appraisal system that reduced the time taken in coordinating with GPs by implementing an online contact system.
• Educated patients and families on self-care / home-care and on ways to improve their conditions.
• Evaluated each patient on a regular basis to determine their progress.
• Suggested additional exercises or therapy sessions where needed.
• Created detailed records of patients’ information, development and history in a confidential manner.
• Analyzed assessment findings and tweak treatment plans accordingly to ensure treatment efficacy.
St Mary Medical Center, Sharon, OH (2010 to 2012)
Physical Therapy Assistant
• Assisted in evaluating patients’ conditions by interviewing them and taking related notes.
• Provided support for patient education by making sure that both patients and their caregivers understand the type of support that needs to be given.
• Calibrated and operated physical therapy machines according to each patient’s condition.
• Assisted in performing physical therapy by documenting processes and adjusting dials and gauges as instructed.
• Scheduled appointments with patients and ensured that follow up procedures were put in place.
Penn State University, Sharon, OH – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy