When you visit your bank, the chances are that the first person you will meet is a bank teller.
Some people consider working in banks is hectic; but, in actuality, it is enjoyable to work. Banks provide a lot of challenges to their employees in different roles, and the work is far from mundane.
Bank Teller Job Description
Bank tellers process routine financial transactions for clients. They cash checks, handle deposits and withdrawals, and process loan payments on a daily basis.
They also sell saving bonds and traveler’s checks along with maintaining records of transactions made on a daily basis.
Bank tellers who manage company accounts are expected to perform payroll services by ensuring that all salaries are deposited in a timely and accurate manner.
There are many tasks that a bank teller is expected to perform on a regular workday.
Below is a detailed list of duties that a bank teller will need to perform each day. This job description will help you with building a bank teller resume or preparing for an interview.
Sample Job Duties for Bank Teller Resume
- Cash checks after ensuring that signatures are valid.
- Receive checks and post entries into accurate accounts.
- Manage balancing duties akin to currency, coins, and checks.
- Verify dates on incoming checks.
- Ensure that customers’ loan information is processed and maintained appropriately.
- Receive cash from armored cars and count and verify cash.
- Verify cashier’s checks.
- Sort, file, and record deposit slips.
- Manage bank vaults to ensure correct cash balances.
- Provide information to clients regarding bank services.
- Manage specialized services such as checking and savings accounts.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounts.
- Provide account balance information to clients.
- Accept and process loan payments.
- Transfer funds at the request of clients.
- Ensure that the cash drawer is balanced and maintained at all times.
- Cross-sell bank’s products.
- Open and close checking and savings accounts.
- Perform end of the day recap of money and bank slips.
- Take advantage of sales opportunities to attract new customers.
- Post all cash and credit card entries into the database.
- Organize and restock workstation with supplies.
- Sell savings bonds and traveler’s checks.
- Stamp receipts and verify that the customer is who he or she claims to be.
- Compare signatures, photos, and IDs to verify customers’ identity.