Do you know that job knowledge isn’t the only thing that will help you climb the success ladder as far as wireless technician interviews are concerned? The way in which you present yourself at an interview also counts for something.
A positive attitude and a confident manner will help you win brownie points with an interviewer. For the rest, the following set of interview questions and answers will provide assistance:
Wireless Technician Interview Questions and Answers
1. As a wireless technician, give us the crux of the kind of work that you do.
In my present role as a wireless technician, I am responsible for the installation and maintenance of different types of network operation equipment associated with wireless network switching and transmission. This includes both switch transitions and database changes and administration.
2. Tell us of your specific experience as a wireless technician.
Over the course of the 7 years that I have worked as a wireless technician, I have been actively involved in configuring and maintaining wireless controllers and voice pick systems, creating and administering location heat maps, handling system activations integration, and troubleshooting and repairing communication systems.
3. Do you think analytic skills are important while working as a wireless technician?
I believe that they are. Wireless technicians are highly involved in troubleshooting activities and it is imperative for them to possess deep analytic skills if they want to quickly manage problems.
4. How do you ensure data accuracy post errors?
I believe in performing manual remediation and error log analysis to determine where and how inaccuracy occurred, and then ensure that requests are properly processed.
5. How much importance do you give to SOPs when handling troubleshooting activities on a wireless device or network?
Standard operating procedures are very important. I make sure that all SOPs are followed to resolve an issue. It is only when the SOPs don’t work that I look for alternative troubleshooting avenues.
6. What technical skills do you think a wireless technician requires in order to be truly successful at what he does?
Some of the most important skills and qualifications that a wireless technician should possess include handling error log analysis, the ability to test new provisioning portal and comparing results against back end reports, triaging and resolving end-user issues, and recommending updates to standard operating procedures.
7. Do you think that it is important to make changes to initial documents and SOPs? Why or why not?
It is very important to make changes to SOPs and related documentation. This is because technology changes very quickly and it is imperative to keep up with it. Also, technicians come across many instances where they cannot go by the book, so these need to be recorded as precedents too.