It is essential to get your resume right so that you can get maximum positive replies from prospective employers. A professionally written resume for a sterile processing technician position will ensure that it is not passed over by applicant tracking systems.
After it lands on the hiring manager’s desk, it should charm them to call you in for an immediate interview. Regardless of where you intend to send your resume, make sure that it is sully customized as per the requirements of the prospective employer.
2 resume samples for a sterile processing technician follows:
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 1
(10+ Years Experience)
746 Downhill Road, Houston, TX47638
Dedicated, and accomplished Sterile Processing Technician with 11+ years of experience in preparing and sterilizing laboratory, and healthcare equipment. In-depth ability to correctly collect used and contaminated equipment and instruments, and efficiently clean and sanitize them. Also offering good judgment, and critical thinking skills, along with familiarity with sterilizing techniques.
Sterile Processing Technician
UVA Medical Center, Houston, TX
Sep 2013 – Present
Reorganized the existing equipment tracking system, as a result, made it 25% more efficient. Implemented a new sterilization system for multiple lab locations, reducing time in obtaining equipment from third parties.
- Collect used equipment, and determine required cleaning and sterilizing processes
- Clean instruments and equipment according to standards
- Perform core sterilization processes on all used equipment and instruments
- Dispose of any resource that cannot be cleaned or sterilized
- Examine all supplies and equipment to ensure that proper cleaning has been performed
- Operate and calibrate sterilization equipment
- Restock supplies and maintaining logs, and inventories
- Sort and test equipment to ensure that it remains in good working order
- Prepare, wrap, and organize equipment and instruments required for procedures, or surgeries
Sterile Processing Aide
Houston Health, Houston, TX
Feb 2009 – Sep 2013
Identified a problem with the decontamination system, and fixed the issue in time for the next process.
- Picked up used equipment and instruments from various labs, and procedure rooms
- Calibrated cleaning, and sanitizing equipment
- Placed instruments in equipment such as autoclaves, and set operations
- Maintained detailed records of all sterilization procedures
- Oversaw supplies and ensured that new ones were timely received and stored
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Houston, TX
- Sanitization and Sterilization
- Supplies Examination
- Equipment Preparation
- Equipment Tracking
- Sorting and Testing
- Malfunctions Management
- Surgical Preparation
- Disease Control
- Equipment Assembly
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 2
(1-9 Years Experience)
828 Hallmark Boulevard, Riverview, FL 59021
henryadams @ email . com
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Top-performing Sterile Processing Technician with 5+ years of extensive experience in providing surgical and examination units with assistance in handling the decontamination, assembly, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Highly skilled in operating equipment and performing maintenance on it, following departmental guidelines and policies.
• Demonstrated expertise in monitoring biological and chemical wash solutions, to ensure quality and consistency
• Effectively able to sort mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment, to keep them ready for procedures
• Proficient in restocking, labeling, and maintaining inventory, and submitting requisitions
• Adept at performing environmental maintenance duties, and assisting in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing rooms
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
✓ Decontamination ✓ Waste Disposal
✓ Sterilization ✓ Instruments Tray Setup
✓ Inventory Management ✓ Requisition Handling
✓ Function Verification ✓ Equipment Maintenance
✓ Record-keeping ✓Restocking
✓ Instruments Handling ✓ Surgical Unit Support
• Introduced a series of waste disposal metrics, making it less dangerous for staff members to perform waste management activities.
• Successfully sterilized over 100 instruments in one, following staff shortage during holiday season.
Sterile Processing Technician
Lifespan, Riverview, FL
5/2017 – Present
• Assist both surgical and examination units in decontaminating their instruments and equipment.
• Sterilize instruments, arrange for medical supplies, and assemble and wrap instruments according to instructions.
• Sort mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment, and ensure that they are made available to sterile processing staff members.
• Restock and label instruments and supplies, and ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
• Submit requisitions for required supplies and oversee inventory stock to ensure that sufficient items are available.
• Verify that sterilization equipment works in a proper manner, and identify and report any issues to the unit manager.
Sterile Processing Intern
Tower Health, Riverview, FL
2/2015 – 5/2017
• Assisted sterile processing technicians in putting instrument tray together, as instructed.
• Provided assistance in cleaning and sterilizing equipment and instruments, as per instructions.
• Wrapped instruments after they had been sterilized, and ensured that they were properly stored.
• Monitored both biological and chemical wash solutions, ensuring quality and consistency.
High School Diploma
Riverview High School, Riverview, FL