When was the last time you updated your resume?
If you are applying for a new sewing machine technician job, you have to change more than just the experience section of your resume.
Everything will need to be changed.
If your experience has been added, it stands to reason that your skills have obtained a boost as well.
Make this obvious in your resume – like this:
Sewing Machine Technician Resume Sample
5 Victoria Street
Bear, DE 08745
daveroon @ email . com
Over 6 years of experience working as a sewing technician in a commercial/industrial setting. A versatile individual who effectively ensures that all sewing operations meet the company’s manufacturing systems’ quality standards.
• Talented in conducting sewing machine set up and performing preventative maintenance on them.
• Ability to prepare and set up machinery in accordance with scheduled production runs.
• Adept at reading and interpreting equipment manuals and work orders to determine scheduled work activities.
• Familiar with performing activities to ensure a safe and comfortable environment, by ensuring compliance with company protocols.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Preventative Maintenance – Production Runs Management
– Troubleshooting – Multi-needle Machine Operations
– Patterns Development – Garment Setting
– Quality Maintenance – Mock-ups Execution
– Merchandising Standards Conformity – HMIs (human-machine interfaces)
Sewing Machine Technician
Subzero Engineering, Bear, DE
2014 – Present
• Go through work orders to determine the type and complexity of patterns to be made on fabric.
• Select molds to and pattern blocks that correlate with designs on the work order.
• Check and calibrate sewing machinery to ensure that it is in proper working order.
• Set up the machinery by feeding patterns into it and setting needles according to the set pattern.
• Place garment/fabric under the threaded needle and ensure that the needle is properly aimed over it.
• Operate sewing machinery and guide patterns on garments/fabric according to set instructions.
• Ensure that the end-product is in sync with established standards, and place the finished product in appropriate storage areas.
• Perform both general and preventative maintenance on sewing machines and tools in a time-efficient manner.
• Reduced fabric wastage by suggesting using leftover cloth for matching accessories.
• Consistently maintained quality above par, by implementing constant checks at each cycle.
Sewing Machine Operator
Breakout Garments, Bear, DE
2009 – 2014
• Operated sewing machinery in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
• Ascertained that the right type and color of the thread were threaded into multi-point needles.
• Assisted sewing technicians in calibrating machines to ensure appropriate operations.
• Troubleshoot problems in machines and made minor repairs as and when needed.
• Ascertained availability of garments/fabric that needed to be sewed and ensured that finished products were properly stored in designated areas.
• Singlehandedly developed a series of patterns in accordance with the results of a market survey.
• Introduced the concept of regular preventative maintenance on sewing equipment, reducing instances of breakdowns by 50%.
High School Diploma
Bear High School, Bear, DE |2008