A resume’s basic function is not to get you the job.
It is supposed to paint a positive picture of your professional standing, so that you get a chance of an interview.
A good resume is something akin to this:
Embroidery Machine Operator Resume Example
723 Redwood Road
Lexington, KY 40511
ryanveloso @ email . com
EMBROIDERY MACHINE OPERATOR
Driven embriodary machine operator with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in setting up and calibrating machines according to established standards. Exceeded productivity standards by working diligently towards meeting desired results. Demonstrated ability to:
• Run samples prior to processing orders
• Place plastic hoops on garments and inspect products for defects or damages
• Select sizes and colors of threads according to the specifications of each project
• Position articles under pressure feet and press pedals to start machines and control their speed
• Decorative Designs • Freehand Working
• Article Positioning • Fabric Guiding
• Paper Pattern Pinning • Fabric Inspection
• Machine Calibration • Design Drawing
• Framing Support • Inventory Management
• Stock Handling • Defects Correction
• Proved to be invaluable to the framing team by providing them with constant and consistent guidance during a large order.
• Successfully corrected a design flaw in 150 pieces within the time frame of 12 hours.
• Introduced a series of new designs, which were readily accepted and appreciated by the management.
Embroidery Machine Operator
Cutter and Buck, Lexington, KY
12/2018 – Present
• Refer to work orders to determine the type and quality of required embroidery designs
• Confer with clients to determine any special requests or suggestions that they may want to give for each design
• Calibrate embroidery machines by following established procedures, at the beginning of each shift
• Select the size and color of thread required for each project and ensure that it is properly threaded into machine needles
• Regulate machine settings according to standard protocols and position articles under needles
• Embroider names, initials, and/or designs on fabric and other items following stamped designs or by working freehand
• Guide fabrics and other materials under the needle and check them at the end to ensure that they conform to specifications
Alpha Broder Inc., Lexington, KY
2/2014 – 12/2018
• Assisted embroidery machine operators in calibrating machines and ensured that the right supplies were available
• Threaded spindles with the right colors and types of threads and ensured that they were properly strung through machine guides
• Guided garments through the embroidery machines to ensure that work order conformity was ascertained
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on embroidery machinery
• Oversaw inventory of supplies such as threads, spools, and cords to ensure constant supply during each shift
High School Diploma | 2006
Lexington High School, Lexington, KY