Working in a dispensary is not easy work.
But if you are trained in it, you can always apply for a dispensary technician position to suit your professional profile.
However, you will need to create a resume that speaks volumes for your knowledge of, and experience in this work.
Typically, you should highlight the main reason that your candidature is far superior to others.
This can be shown by offering insight into your ability to process prescriptions in the right manner.
It is not always easy to write a resume that sells. The trick is to market your dispensary technician skills as best as you can.
A resume sample for this position is provided below for your reference:
See also: Dispensary Manager Resume
Dispensary Technician Resume Sample
99 Height Road, Hot Springs, AR 10993
Top-performing Dispensary Technician with hands-on experience with processing prescriptions, preparing drug orders, compliance packing, inventory management, and front store handling. Strong passion for compounding and clinical services. Excellent communication and patient clinical care skills. A professional team-player who is recognized for time management and task completion.
• Streamlined the existing record-keeping system, as a result, made it 50% more efficient.
• Implemented infection control procedures, the first of their kind in Arkansas.
• Introduced an accurate dosage measurement system, therefore, increased precision by 70%.
• Successfully put in place medicine dispensing systems, ensuring 100% compliance.
– Prescription Checks
– Electronic Prescription Processing
– Medicine Selection
– Dosage Measurement
– Insurance Checking
– Medication Labeling
Canna Cure Inc., Hot Springs, AR | 2016-present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the dispensary
• Check prescriptions in order to ensure accuracy
• Match prescription information with available drugs
• Check medicine availability, and order out of stock medicines
• Price and fill prescriptions as per protocol
• Perform final prescription checks
• Operate POS systems to process payments
• Sort medicines in displays and storage areas
• Dispose of any expired or near expiry medicines as per protocol
• Perform record keeping tasks, ensuring proper updates
• Sort and label medication according to procedure
Herbs R Us, Hot Springs, AR | 2013-2016
• Maintained proper storage and conditions for medicines
• Responded to customers’ questions and concerns over the telephone
• Located items from storage and display areas
• Priced medicines according to dosage and quantity
• Filed prescriptions once they were filled
• Cleaned and sanitized work areas
High School Diploma
Hot Springs High School, Hot Springs, AR – 2012