Overview and Guidelines
Hiring managers go through dozens of job applications per day. Therefore, a job seeker definitely need a catchy cover letter for physical education teacher to get noticed. This can be best achieved when the reader can relate your profile with their current requirements. Physical education teacher cover letters are all about demonstrating a genuine interest in the company and proving that your candidacy will be valuable to them.
Here are two quick tips to help you in effective cover letter writing:
• Pick a few required skills form the job description and highlight the same as core of your candidacy profile optimally (without duplicating the advertisement).
• Showcase some statistics from your professional record to support what you claim to offer in terms of expertise.
Take a look at the sample given below.
473 Spring Lane • Greensboro, NC 56773 • (006) 444–8888 • david . mason @ email . com
November 30, 2015
Mr. Alfred Mattson
Little Bloomer’s Academy
77 Harley Street
Greensboro, NC 56773
Dear Mr. Mattson:
Are you seeking a Physical Education Teacher who is committed to instilling the importance of lifelong health and fitness among children and also brings hands on experience in coaching competitive teams for various sports at the national level? If yes, consider me a prime candidate.
Having joined the profession out of genuine passion for providing fitness related instruction to youth about 6 years back, I enjoy an excellent reputation in physical education instructional planning and implementation, team development and coaching. My competencies include:
• 6 years’ hands-on experience in developing PE curricula for various age levels
• Expert in adapting the curriculum effectively to engage special needs children in physical training programs
• Competent at managing the assigned time to achieve instructional goals
• Highly knowledgeable of developmentally appropriate physical milestones for children in growing age
• Well-versed in devising instructional strategies to cater for individual needs
I strongly believe that a healthy and active lifestyle plays a vital role in children’s cognitive and emotional development in addition to their physical growth. Keeping the students motivated and inculcating a deep sense of sportsmanship which is also extended into their curricular activities and practical lives have been my biggest strengths in this role and I offer the same expertise and dedication to your vacancy.
I look forward to meeting with you and also intend to follow-up my on application on Monday. Please call me now to set up an interview appointment as per your convenient availability. I’d be glad to answer any queries regarding my background and qualifications at (006) 444 – 8888.
Thank you for your time and consideration.