There really shouldn’t be any debate about whether to use an objective or a summary on a Maintenance Supervisor resume, to mark its beginning. Both these are written in different circumstances, and should only be used where they are needed.
For now, let’s concentrate on writing resume objectives. What exactly is the purpose of one?
A resume objective is both a teaser and an introduction. When you write one, your main aim should be to make sure that the person reading it is made familiar with your capabilities, and how you can use them to benefit the company where you are applying.
An objective is a short paragraph, rather a snippet at the beginning of a resume. It shows a hiring manager what you are capable of in a concise manner. This part of your resume must never be long or too detailed, but should provide a hint about what the rest of the resume is expected to hold. Most candidates go into too much detail about themselves here, which is the wrong approach.
Remember that at this time, it is important to make sure that your resume is read, and that the hiring manager does not lose interest in it because it was just too long to read!
For a maintenance supervisor position, the following samples of resume objectives can be looked through for reference:
Sample Objectives for Maintenance Supervisor Resume
• Accomplished Maintenance Supervisor with exceptional skills in developing, maintaining, and implementing core maintenance strategies and programs, presently looking for a position at Molex International. Eager to provide benefits of extensive comprehension of leading and implementing core maintenance programs.
• Seeking a Maintenance Supervisor position with Core Technological Advancement utilizing expertise in planning, prioritizing, assigning, supervising, and reviewing maintenance work assigned to maintenance staff members. Highly skilled in establishing schedules and methods for providing maintenance and repair services across different planes.
• Desire a position as a Maintenance Supervisor at White Water Inc. Offering a successful track record in developing maintenance policies and procedures, monitoring work activities to ensure compliance, and making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing policies.
• Looking for a position as a Maintenance Supervisor with Asset Plus Companies applying exceptional adeptness at performing highly diversified duties to handle the maintenance and oversight of assigned facilities and machines.
• To obtain a Maintenance Supervisor position with Bluegreen Incorporated, Offers ability to create and implement regular and preventative maintenance programs, with special focus on safety of facilities and equipment, and compliance with rules and procedures.