Hiring managers have to go through dozens of resumes each day, which can hardly be coined as a fun pastime.
But if you as a candidate make it fun for them by sending in a rocking resume, there is an excellent chance that your candidature will be shortlisted.
Here is a sample resume for Specimen Processing Specialist position to look through:
Specimen Processing Specialist Resume Sample
7 Thunder Lane, East Providence, RI 95474
mark.lewis @ email . com
SPECIMEN PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Over 11 years of experience in handling and performing complex tests on acquired specimens to determine causes of diseases and disorders. Highly skilled in performing data distribution of laboratory reports, and ensuring that all findings are stored confidentially.
Ability to receive shipments of specimens, and handle cross-referencing work to ensure accuracy. Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments providing that they are routed to various staging areas.
|✓ Cross-referencing||✓ Specimen Preparation||✓ Records Management|
|✓ Labeling||✓ Data Entry||✓ Audits Management|
|✓ Quality Control||✓ Storage Solutions||✓ Standardized Sequencing|
|✓ Data Integrity Assurance||✓ Waste Disposal||✓ Demographics Verification|
• Devised a reliable sample verification system, replacing the old inefficient one.
• Implemented specimen storage solution, which ensured that specimens stay safe before testing phases.
• Introduced a standardized labeling system, minimizing the danger of mixing up samples.
• Successfully entered corresponding data of 500 examples, within one shift, in the absence of two other specimen processing specialists.
Specimen Processing Specialist
Lab Corp, East Providence, RI | 8/2013 – Present
• Receive specimens from different internal departments, and external sources, and verify their demographics.
• Enter patient information into predefined databases, ensuring that it is accurate and complete.
• Prepare lab specimens such as blood and body fluids for testing purposes.
• Ascertain that all lab specimens are appropriately labeled, sorted, and racked according to set procedures.
• Assign computer-generated identification numbers and check for accuracy throughout the process.
Specimen Processing Specialist
City Labs, East Providence, RI | 5/2009 – 8/2013
• Devised storage solutions for prepared specimens ensuring that their integrity remains intact.
• Operated and maintained laboratory equipment to perform simple and complex tests on acquired samples.
• Created and submitted correlating test reports, ensuring that information on them is verified.
• Maintained a clean and well-stocked work area ensuring that hygiene and sanitization standards were upheld continuously.
• Performed specimen accessioning and sample splitting tasks.
Exact Science, East Providence, RI | 2/2006 – 5/2009
• Received and unpacked specimen samples, and ensured that they were labeled correctly.
• Assisted technicians and processing specialists in preparing specimens for testing purposes.
• Ascertained that all lab equipment and instruments were adequately set up and calibrated at the beginning of each shift.
• Cleaned and maintained laboratory equipment on a regular basis, and ensured that waste management was properly carried out.
• Created dockets of lab test reports, ensuring that they were delivered to the right department.
East Providence High School, East Providence, RI – 2005
High School Diploma
Last updated on