As a donor relations specialist, nothing matters more than what skills you possess.
Of course, the experience is important, but the experience cannot be acquired without skills.
Hence, hiring managers look at resumes and cover letters hoping to obtain information on skills and competencies.
Since a donor relations specialist works in a supervisory role, leadership qualities are always required.
Apart from this, one has to offer information on skills such as knowledge of creating and implementing stewardship plans and programs.
Also, it is imperative to highlight the fact that you can effectively document and implement processes for financial stewardship, including ensuring that donor gifts are spent in a timely manner.
Moreover, your knowledge of fielding and addressing questions from donors must be highlighted in your resume skills section, or in the cover letter.
It is important to realize that the more information that you provide about your ability to handle and execute stewardship programs in a leadership role, the better your chances of being hired as a donor relations specialist.
See also: Donor Relations Specialist Interview
Donor Relations Specialist Skills for Resume
• Unmatched ability to provide a high level of donor stewardship support
• Effectively able to process donations in accordance with set protocols
• Deeply familiar with providing representation and comprehensive customer services to donors
• Demonstrated expertise in leading a cross-departmental and integrated effort to enrich donor engagements
• Proficient in leading the compliance needs for all donor projects
• Adept at retaining current donors by effectively rebooking donation appointments
• Exceptionally talented in assisting donor services staff with donor flow, and monitoring wait times
• Well-versed in converting donors to automated and other technologies in order to optimize donation opportunities
• Highly experienced in supporting stewardship efforts all personnel, by proactively assisting them in establishing and coordinating plans
• Proven ability to identify and recommend best practices in so as to leverage stewardship opportunities
• Solid track record of effectively developing and gathering content across the department in order to ensure a comprehensive stewardship program
• Documented success in establishing and overseeing models for acknowledging and tracking donors
• Expert in leading with a collaborative approach, and advocating a culture of stewardship which exceeds expectations
• Experienced in preparing, reviewing, and editing formal grant proposals
• Highly skilled in generating and administering of progress and financial reports
• Able to produce gift substantiation documents such as acknowledgment letters, and annual tax receipts
• Ability to provide marketing and communications updates for inclusion purposes