So you have acquired your software engineering degree, and now you are raring to get the job that you have always dreamed of! Or you want to jump from your existing software engineering job to a better one in another company.
Are you qualified for it? Yes? Do you have the experience that they are looking for? Yes, again? Great!
Being qualified and experienced is not enough. You have to show for it as well. And how do you do that? By updating the resume or CV because you never thought you would need it!
Software engineer resumes are the driving force behind employer decision making. Resumes that “say something” are considered good ones.
Sample 2021 Resume for Software Engineer Position
1693 Williams Grant Drive
De Pere, WI 20002
juliaroberts @ email . com
Designing / Coding / Testing / Debugging / Incident Management
Technically savvy software engineer with 8+ years’ progressive experience in determining operational feasibilities by evaluating analysis, problem definition, and proposing correlating solutions. Highly skilled in handling analyzing user requirements and creating software according to assessed needs.
HIGHLIGHTS AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
• Effectively able to research, design, and write new software programs and execute full lifecycle software development.
• Demonstrated expertise in producing specifications and integrating software components into functional software systems.
• Proven ability to develop software verification plans and QA procedures.
• Hands-on experience in tailoring and deploying software tools and metrics according to specified requirements.
Programming: C#/C++, Python, Java, JVM languages
Service-Oriented Architecture: REST, OData Services
Technologies: UI, cloud, big data, API
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
• Replaced the existing software with a new, more efficient one which increased system response by 68%.
• Implemented a new and innovative system which assisted in the company’s professional stature in the industry to be increased by 59%.
• Led 22 software development projects in 2 years, all of which were delivered within the provided deadline.
• Determined a significant flaw in new software, through efficiently conducting design and coding reviews, and corrected it in time for its first launch.
TRANSMOSIS, De Pere, WI
(9/2008 – Present)
• Discuss project specifications with users/customers to determine their exact requirements.
• Develop software applications according to specifications provided by users.
• Design and implement test software to support the designated quality metrics.
• Write software specifications/manuals and give a point by point analysis of the new project.
• Modify and debug developed software so that it meets both user and quality requirements.
• Analyze, develop, and recommend engineering design approaches and develop project plans and estimates.
• Evaluate the end product and suggest any needed modifications or enhancements to increase product performance.
• Install solutions by determining and designing system specifications and programming standards.
• Obtain licenses for built software after ensuring that all approvals are met.
FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS, De Pere, WI
(4/2007 – 9/2008)
Software Engineering Intern
• Determined users’ requirements and assisted in researching and designing processes to meet them.
• Evaluated existing software systems and took notes on needed improvements and modifications.
• Provided assistance in testing new programs and creating test plans.
• Created technical specifications for newly developed software and wrote operational documentation.
• Assisted in the maintenance and performance of software systems.
DE PERE TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE, De Pere, WI – 2006
Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences
Major: Software Development
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING COMPETENCIES
• System Specification Designs
• Novel Programming Techniques
• Information Analysis
• Software Solutions Development
• Problem Area Investigations
• Systems Flow Overview and Study
• Testing and Troubleshooting
• Systems Improvement
• Testing and Approval
• Software Developmental Lifecycles
• Specifications Detailing
• System Verification Plans