Software engineers develop programs that make your computer run for work and entertainment. This position requires an individual to possess a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences at the very least.
If you are looking to apply for a position in this regard, you will need to sell yourself by your resume by highlighting your more excellent points in software engineering.
Software engineer resumes are the driving force behind employer decision-making. Resumes that “say something” are considered good ones.
The following resume samples will guide you further.
Software Engineer Resume Sample 1
873 Hazeltine Ct
Alexandria, VA 55631
Detail-oriented and seasoned software engineer with 8+ years of extensive experience working in busy tech settings. Proven ability to understand and analyze project requirements and translate them into specifications and program deliverables. Proficient in modifying existing software to correct errors and adapt to new hardware. In-depth knowledge of analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of the design. Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve code-level problems.
• C/C++/C# and OOP
• Windows and Linux
• Shell Script
• TDD and Pair Programming
• SQL Server
CORE-TECH – Alexandria, VA
Oct 2017 – May 2021
• Updated source code with the library framework
• Managed coding, testing, debugging, and documenting activities
• Managed maintenance and enhancements of existing codebases
• Assisted with designing and implementing software capabilities across different product suites
• Coded and tested product features and fix bugs
• Coded automation tests for features written
• Formulated an interactive software that takes available data from all departments to centralize it for easy access.
• Created and implemented a beeper system that assists in troubleshooting software issues on a network.
Software Engineering Intern
ARM LIMITED – San Jose, CA
Dec 2066 – Oct 2017
• Assisted in developing tools and flows for memory compiler design
• Implemented memory flow tool testing and regression software
• Created the milestone trend charts and the earned value charts
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
STATE UNIVERSITY – Alexandria, VA – 2016
Majors: Object-Oriented Programming
• Strong programming and coding skills
• Good exposure to web development
• Strong knowledge of creating multi-threaded applications in the Windows environment
• Ability to write stored procedures
• Experience with cloud-based products
• Excellent ability to take directions
• Exceptional ability to troubleshoot common and complicated software issues
Software Engineer Resume Sample 2
1693 Williams Grant Drive
De Pere, WI 20002
juliaroberts @ email . com
Software Designing – Coding – Testing – Debugging – Incident Management
Technically savvy software engineer with 13 years of firsthand experience in determining operational feasibilities by evaluating analysis, problem definition, and proposing correlating solutions. Highly skilled in handling analyzing user requirements and creating software according to assessed needs.
• Effectively able to research, design, and write new software programs and execute full lifecycle software development.
• Demonstrated expertise in producing specifications and integrating software components into functional software systems.
• Proven ability to develop software verification plans and QA procedures.
• Hands-on experience in tailoring and deploying software tools and metrics according to specified requirements.
Programming: C#/C++, Python, Java, JVM languages
Service-Oriented Architecture: REST, OData Services
Technologies: UI, cloud, big data, API
RESULTS & ACHIEVEMENTS AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
• Replaced the existing software with a new, more efficient one which increased system response by 68%.
• Implemented a new and innovative system that assisted in the company’s professional stature in the industry to be increased by 59%.
• Led 22 software development projects in 2 years, all of which were delivered within the provided deadline.
• Determined a significant flaw in new software, through efficiently conducting design and coding reviews, and corrected it in time for its first launch.
TRANSMOSIS, De Pere, WI
(9/2018 – Present)
• Discuss project specifications with users/customers to determine their exact requirements.
• Develop software applications according to specifications provided by users.
• Design and implement test software to support the designated quality metrics.
• Write software specifications/manuals and give a point-by-point analysis of the new project.
• Modify and debug developed software so that it meets both user and quality requirements.
• Analyze, develop, and recommend engineering design approaches and develop project plans and estimates.
• Evaluate the end product and suggest any needed modifications or enhancements in order to increase product performance.
• Install solutions by determining and designing system specifications and programming standards.
• Obtain licenses for built software after ensuring that all approvals are met.
FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS, De Pere, WI
(4/2007 – 9/2018)
• Determined users’ requirements and assisted in researching and designing processes to meet them.
• Evaluated existing software systems and took notes on needed improvements and modifications.
• Provided assistance in testing new programs and creating test plans.
• Created technical specifications for newly developed software and wrote operational documentation.
• Assisted in the maintenance and performance of software systems.
MS Degree in Computer Science
DE PERE TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE, De Pere, WI – 2006
Major: Software Development
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• System Specification Designs
• Novel Programming Techniques
• Information Analysis
• Software Solutions Development
• Problem Area Investigations
• Systems Flow Overview and Study
• Testing and Troubleshooting
• Systems Improvement
• Testing and Approval
• Software Developmental Lifecycles
• Specifications Detailing
• System Verification Plans