Deciding what to emphasize in an operating room scheduler resume can be a difficult thing to do. But only if you do not know what a resume is used for.
If you are aware of the fact that resumes are used to communicate your abilities, skills, and experiences, you will automatically be aware of the fact that all these need to be emphasized in the document.
Sample operating room scheduler resume is given below for your reference:
Operating Room Scheduler Resume Example
8 Jacob Road | Odessa, FL 58023 | (000) 528-6320 | [Email]
OPERATING ROOM SCHEDULER
9+ years of extensive experience in scheduling operative procedures, recording information and coordinating the availability of surgical equipment and supplies. Proven ability to organize case times for elective, urgent and emergent surgeries in a time-efficient manner.
• Highly skilled in acquiring authorization numbers, histories and physicals and laboratory lists and verifying their statuses.
• Well-versed in conducting charge management audits for assigned areas and reconciling charge packet information with auditing data.
• Efficiently handles perioperative charging and billing processes, along with data analysis and collection work.
• Familiar with building and distributing surgical case schedules into electronic scheduling system on a daily basis.
|✓ Scheduling Systems
|✓ Departmental Liaison
|✓ Document Analysis
|✓ Procedures Review
|✓ OR Coordination
|✓ Staff Coordination
|✓ Schedule Adjustments
|✓ Waitlists Management
|✓ Process Verification
|✓ Information Dissemination
|✓ Room Assignment
|✓ Templates Creation
• Successfully managed to handle arrange 10 back to back surgeries in 3 allotted surgery rooms, without any overlapping.
• Implemented a wait list management program that provided significant leeway for urgent and emergent operative procedures.
• Introduced a surgical process verification system which required 50% less time to execute than the one already in place.
• Proved to be invaluable to the team that was implementing a novel surgical scheduling system, by providing them with exceptional insight into the existing system and transition.
Operating Room Scheduler
St. Charles Health System, Odessa, FL | 11/2010 – Present
• Coordinate case times for elective, urgent and emergent surgeries and verify and review physician privilege status before scheduling.
• Acquire authorization numbers, histories and physicals and laboratory results and check that they are current.
• Enter physicians’ orders for the lab, blood bank, and medical imaging and enter results of diagnostic tests and patient registration systems.
• Reconcile charge packet information with the audit and identifies missed or incorrect charges and correct them when appropriate.
• Schedule cases according to unit protocols for cases requiring special needs such as latex sensitivity
• Review all future requests for surgeries and maintain ongoing schedules and create patient waiting lists.
• Coordinate patients, support staff, and surgeons with available operating room time.
• Book and coordinate pre-admission appointments and diagnostic procedures and handle records management work.
Front Desk Officer
Bayhealth Medical Center, Odessa, FL | 6/2008 – 11/2010
• Greeted patients and their families as they arrived at the hospital and provided them with the required information.
• Acquired initial information regarding patients’ demographics and insurance coverage for registration purposes.
• Coordinated efforts to ensure that patients were directed or escorted to the right offices or departments.
• Responded to inquiries over the telephone and through email and provided information regarding available services and facilities.
• Ascertained that the front desk and waiting areas were kept clean and sanitized at all times.
Odessa High School, Odessa, FL | 2005
High School Diploma