A resume is something that needs a lot of attention if you want it to bring results.
Going through a resume, hiring managers often place candidates in categories – make sure yours is one that is high on the bar.
Here is a sample to follow:
Longshoreman Resume Example
7002 Collier Boulevard, Marco Island, FL 31414
(000) 854-2015 | [Email]
Over 6 years of exposure to handling cargo containers and associated logistics. Highly skilled in managing loading and unloading duties, with a particular focus on maintaining the safety and integrity of assigned items. Competent in inspecting, counting, and documenting cargo containers, using both manual and automated data processing systems.
• Qualified to load and unload supplies and equipment to and from ships, docks, beaches, and railheads.
• Proven ability to operate and maintain a wide array of winches, cranes, and forklifts to perform lifting and moving jobs.
• Well-versed in creating and implementing load plans for both air and ocean liner vessels.
|• Data Processing||• Load Management||• Equipment Maintenance|
|• Plans Implementation||• Consignment Safety||• Load Transfers|
|• Paperwork Management||• Scanning||• Record-keeping|
|• Container Supervision||• Signal Management||• Rig Gear Use|
• Successfully implemented a container unloading system, which proved to be 55% easier to handle than the one already in place.
• Introduced a load management system, resulting in increased efficiency in processing cargo loads on delivery trucks.
• Devised a reliable consignment safety system, which was considered 50% more efficient than the one that was being used.
• Introduced the concept of using data processing systems, making the entire process much more comfortable than before.
MCG Contracting, Marco Island, FL | 5/2011 – Present
• Look through work orders to determine the day’s loading and unloading activities.
• Embark ships and locate assigned cargo loads, making sure that arrangements to unload them are made.
• Unload and load cargo containers from and to awaiting ships and delivery trucks, ensuring that they are kept safe.
• Ascertain that all cargo loads are appropriately set and secured within their places of setting.
• Keep records of all cargo handling activities performed during the shift, and ensure that all paperwork is complete.
• Tag containers with details of contents, and ensure that all compliance issues are resolved immediately.
• Ascertain that all workplace safety rules and regulations are abided by during the course of the shift.
• Keep the dock areas clean and maintained, and ensure that any hazardous materials are removed before the docking time of arriving ships.
Hamlet Inc., Marco Island, FL | 2/2004 – 5/2011
• Received shipments, and checked them against work orders to determine their accuracy.
• Unloaded cargoes from delivery trucks, and ensured that they were properly stored in allocated areas.
• Handled order picking duties, by making sure the right items were picked, labeled, and packed.
• Loaded packed orders onto delivery trucks, ensuring that they are safely stacked.
• Ascertained that required paperwork is sent along with all outgoing shipments.
Marco Island High School, Marco Island, FL – 2003
High School Diploma