Actuaries are risk managers who analyze a company’s risk in terms of financial matters. With the assistance of mathematics, statistics and financial theories, actuaries study future events that may be posed as uncertain and advise companies of the consequences.
Actuaries usually work with pension programs, insurance companies, consulting firms, and other benefits programs where they are required to indulge in research activities that will engender trends information to assess financial risks to a company.
If you have a bachelor’s degree in actuarial sciences, mathematics or finance, then this position is for you. Have a look at the following resume that will help you apply for this job!
Related: Actuary Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Actuary Position
89 Deen Road, Brighton, TN 93900
(000) 999-9999, Email
Bringing skills in performing loss trends analysis and developing support plans to assist in loss prevention.
Diligent business professional with 11+ years’ progressive experience in designing and developing systems and processes to perform mortality studies. Track record of conducting a full range of actuarial analysis to assess risk exposures. A methodical individual who competently builds stochastic risk models and proposes recommendations. Expertise lies in minimizing risks through productive measures to maximize returns.
Blue Cross Blue – Brighton, TN | 2010 – Present
• Develop tools for planning risk management strategies
• Analyze social and economic data to interpret risk trends
• Determine the probability of events that factor in on risk management
• Use statistics to understand safe investment options for the company
• Analyze insurance rates for different policies and their effect on the company
• Implemented a new system that derived market trends data to assist with risk information and management
• Trained 11 employees in risk management activities for a crash course at Tennessee State University
Aetna – Brighton, TN | 2007 – 2010
• Assisted actuary in analyzing data and developing data tables
• Prepared risk information reports using current trends information
• Supported in quantitative research activities
• Gathered information regarding tools and methodologies to address risk management needs
Tennessee State University – Brighton, TN – 2005
Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Sciences
• Strong grasp of mathematical concepts
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent listening and typing skills
• Good grasp of legal terminology
• Working knowledge of using transcription tools and equipment