For the majority of jobs, experience is a necessity. However, you can apply for a job even if you are a stay-at-home mom.
Your status as one does not mean that you have no skills. You could have acquired many skills while staying at home and managing your house and children.
It is just a matter of how you offer skills information in your resume.
Managing a house and the little and not so little people inside is a tough job.
In your resume, you can identify your main skills and then work around them.
But a resume is not just about skills. Build up your case by offering education information, and volunteer experience.
If you have worked from home, do not hesitate to mention how you managed it.
Here is a resume sample that you can look through:
Stay at Home Mom Resume with No Work Experience
71 Highway Road, Orlando, FL 45224
Organized and competent individual, with extensive communication and interpersonal skills. Highly analytic, with a systematic approach to problems and issues. Diligent and detail-oriented, boasting excellence in motivating self, and others.
Associate’s Degree in Finance
Orlando Business School, Orlando, FL – 2019
• Commended for achieving high GPA throughout the course of the degree program
• Responsible for introducing business communication, initially through a 10-member club
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Goal Development
• Business Plans Development
• Operations Coordination
• Relationship Maintenance
• Data Analysis
• Company Representation
• Policy Making
STAY AT HOME EXPERIENCE
Event Supplies Management
*In-house*, Orlando, FL | 2/2019 – Present
• Contacted clients through telephone and email to provide them with service information
• Determined clients’ event supplies needs and provided suggestions
• Offered information of available supplies such as buntings, cards, piñatas, and decorations
• Assisted clients in figuring out birthday themes, and supplied corresponding items
• Provided information on setting up cake tables and backdrops
• Designed event items such as invitations, thank you cards, goodie bags, and favors
• Stylized names and greetings on cards and favor boxes in accordance with clients’ requirements
• Coordinated efforts with third parties to arrange items including standees and backdrops
• Created event albums according to clients’ requirements
• Design Software
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Played football in 2 inter-city tournaments, winning both of them
• Volunteered services at Rainbow Orphanage for 3 summers