A Personal Support Worker (PSW) is responsible for assisting elderly or disabled clients in their activities of daily living. The job is quite challenging and requires genuine compassion as well as great physical stamina. In light of the communicative nature of the job, the resume for PSW position needs to be tailored accordingly. This calls for an extraordinary objective to reflect the candidate’s knowledge regarding PSW skills and willingness to contribute these skills.
Your objective for PSW resume is very useful to you and potential employers. In fact, it identifies your specialized goals in the field of personal care and helps employers rapidly determine if your aim is well-matched with their needs. A well-written objective for PSW resume increase the chances of interview.
There are many styles used to build an effective PSW objective. These are discussed below, along with some sample objectives.
A typical PSW objective is a very short statement, mentioning the name of position being sought along with the company name, along with some relevant competencies. For example:
• Seeking a Personal Support Worker position at XYZ Company utilizing personal assistance acumen and effective communication skills to assist residents live a dignified life.
• Looking for a PSW position with ABC Organization. Offers expertise in providing daily life support and companionship to clients. Special talent for maintaining healthy conversational relationships with clients and assisting them with daily living tasks.
• To work for Calgary Care as a Personal Support Worker. Bringing extensive homemaking abilities, personal care training and effective communication skills to bring a positive difference in the lives of clients.
In cases where the candidate has hands-on experience and wishes to include the same in the objective statement, following format can be adopted. This format is more appealing as compared to the first one.
• Extremely compassionate and dependable Personal Support Worker seeking work in the same capacity with AA Care. Demonstrated ability to think critically and make decisions in emergency situations. Exceptional house management skills.
• Seasoned Personal Support Worker eager to work for a renowned agency. Bringing 5+ years of hands-on experience in personal assistance, housekeeping and companionship for the elderly and disabled clients.
It is highly advisable to read the prospective employer’s requirements carefully before tailoring your objective to suit the employer’s needs. Winning objectives are always employer focused and showcase only those skills which are demanded by the employer. For example, if the employer demands a CPR trained, bilingual PSW with a driver’s license, you can state such an objective:
• Bilingual and CPR Certified Personal Support Worker with a valid driver’s license, seeking work at AAA Support. Bringing matchless skills in personal assistance, housekeeping and cooking.