There are several positions that an individual can hold working in a restaurant.
You can be a waitress, a cook, a cashier, a manager, or a cleaner. Depending on the position that you are applying for, your job description will differ.
Waitresses make the first contact with customers as they come in by greeting them, providing them the menu, and taking and delivering orders. Cashiers calculate bills and take payments.
Cooks take instructions from the waitress about customers’ menu choices and prepare food accordingly.
Cleaners ensure that all tabletops, work areas, and customer areas are spick and span.
And managers ensure that all these services work in tandem to provide a perfect dining experience for the customers.
No matter which position you are applying for, resume objectives need to shout customer orientation. Since resume objective statements are often the hardest to write as they serve as openers of the resume itself, people tend to write vague ones.
If you are writing a resume for a restaurant job, the following sample objective statements may be of some use to you.
5 Sample Objectives for Restaurant Resume
1. Looking for a position of Cook at Nirvana Eats. Bringing exceptional culinary skills to provide restaurant customers with unique and tasteful food.
2. A position of Waitress at Yummier where excellent customer service, communication, and order serving skills will be used to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
3. To obtain a position of Cleaner at York Restaurant. Offering an exceptional understanding of cleaning services and safe use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
4. To work for Burger Knights as a Cashier. Coming with excellent expertise in cash register procedures and customer services understanding to handle cash and customer service tasks effectively. Commendable teamwork and multitasking abilities.
5. Seeking a Manager position at Food Hub. I am poised to use exceptional coordination skills to ensure a perfect dining experience for the restaurant customers.