Guest service representatives work at hotels, cruise ships, motels, amusement parks and other hospitality settings. Their primary responsibility is to ensure proper guest services which may include checking in and out, answering general queries and managing reservations. This position requires an individual to be absolutely customer oriented with a high focus on housekeeping and management skills.
Resume writing for this position is complicated due to the outrageous amount of competition in this field. Building an excellent resume for guest service representative is a tough task which is why it needs lots of groundwork.
Prioritizing the content of your resume is very crucial. You have to arrange the information in a manner that the most important and relevant information automatically gains more attention from the reader. This means that the critical information needs to be placed at the top of every section.
Format: Remember you have to choose the format that optimizes your profile the most. Instead, one that complements it. Since you are knowledgeable regarding your profile, you can decide best as to which format suits you.
Guest Service Representative Resume Sample 1
588 Heather Lane • Baltimore, MD 21221 • (006) 333-2222 • john . doe @ email . com
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATION ~ 8 YEARS
Upbeat, courteous and respectful guest service representative, offering 4 years of relevant experience with top class five star hotels including Marriot. Expert in responding actively to guest needs and delivering unparalleled guest services in areas of dining, accommodation and room service. Bringing demonstrated skills in receiving and processing guest payments through cards and cash. Cheery disposition with matchless client orientation. Bilingual: English, Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• VIP protocols
|• Account processing
|• Complaint handling
|• Front office handling
|• Rooms reservation
|• Vendor dealing
|• Cultural sensitivity
|• Voucher adjustment
|• Cash reporting
|• Room service supervision
|• Log maintenance
|• Contingency list preparation
Guest Service Representative
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, Baltimore, MD 2012-present
Greet guests and cater for their accommodation requirements, guiding them about various suites and room features along with tariff.
Note down their accommodation requests and cater for the same. Generate consolidated bills, accept and process payment.
• Enhanced the guest’s positive feedback by 40% through demonstration of exceptional work etiquette and hospitality skills.
• Implemented a proactive approach to customer complaint resolution improving the efficiency of the department by 50%.
EXTENDED STAY, Baltimore, MD 2010-2012
• Responded to guest demands and relayed the same to the relevant staff.
• Oversaw room service and ensured tidiness of the rooms.
• Understood guest needs and provided information regarding the services requested.
• Attained the Best GSR award in 2011.
• Contributed massively to the overall enhancement of referral clientele by demonstrating immaculate guest services.
Associates of Arts in Customer Services
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF HOSPITALITY – 2010
Guest Service Representative Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
1037 Lyman Avenue, Rutland, VT 68399
(901) 999-9999, Email
Looking for a Guest Service Representative position at Marriott utilizing:
• Comprehensive knowledge of providing tier one guest services in a hospitality environment.
• First-hand experience in managing reservations and registration processes.
• Proven ability to communicate well with all internal and external agencies.
• In depth knowledge of providing hospitality services akin to housekeeping and administration.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Customer service
• Professional appearance
• Telephone etiquette
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Flexible schedule
• Acquired the position of guest service representative following excellence in manning the front desk for two years
• Trained and deployed five groups of new hires to different branches of the hotel across seven states
Hyatt – Rutland, VT (2008 – 2012)
Guest Service Representative
• Organized, confirmed and conducted guest check-ins/check-outs
• Made room reservations following requests, changes and cancellations
• Secured payments and verified billing procedures
• Answered guests’ queries and assisted in resolving issues
• Manned the front desk as and when needed
• Assisted guests to their rooms and other activities when requested
• Answered telephones and provided information as requested
CENTRAL SCHOOL, Rutland, VT – 2008