Heavy equipment operators usually operate and maintain the machinery used at construction sites, during road paving and trench digging.
This may include operating steamrollers and cranes along with other equipment and machinery particular to construction projects.
Heavy equipment operators are skilled personnel who required to possess acumen for this job rather than formal education – although high school graduates are preferred for this position.
The following is a resume sample for this position if you are looking for a job in this capacity. Make necessary changes to create your resume.
Heavy Equipment Operator Resume Sample
4900 E 233rd Street, Euclid, OH 68333
Residence: (000) 999-5865 ● Cell: (000) 999-8888 ● Email: thomas @ email . com
*Heavy Equipment Operator*
Extremely motivated and energetic Heavy Equipment Operator with 11 years’ extensive experience in construction industry. Expert in performing semi skilled and skilled construction tasks.
Conducts routine inspections and preventative maintenance of equipment. In dept knowledge of positioning raw materials and using material moving equipment. Conversant with modern and archaic construction machinery.
Current Ohio Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Customer Service: Track record of working in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner
• Dependability: Demonstrated ability to work on time and adhere to the work schedule
• Endurance: Committed to sticks with the task until its completion
• Ethics: Extremely capable of adhering to the policies and rules set forth by the Company
• Safety Orientation: Special talent for following and promoting the company’s safety regulations. Able to recognize hazards and anticipate dangers.
Compactor ● Dozer ● Grinder ● Scraper ● Spreader
Heavy Equipment Operator – Alpha Co., Euclid, OH | Mar 2007 – Present
• Perform operations of heavy equipment
• Manage safety and maintenance procedures on equipment and machinery
• Clean equipment on a scheduled basis
• Excavate land surfaces with graders
• Gather dirt and waste from job sites and fill trucks for transportation
• Clean asphalt for construction work in progress
• Maintain logs and records as required
Heavy Equipment Operator Assistant, City Company, Euclid, OH | Feb 2006 – Jan 2007
• Assisted equipment operators in running and maintaining machinery and equipment
• Managed dirt gathering and transported to appropriate location
• Ditched as instructed
• Managed soil compacting and lift heavy objects
Euclid High School, Euclid, OH – 2005
High School Diploma
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Physically dexterous
• Detail oriented with an eye for detail
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Strong eye hand coordination
• Honest and trustworthy