Dialysis nurses are registered nurses with a specialization in caring for patients with impaired kidney functions.
They are trained in managing hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis and are part of nephrology team in a hospital – the branch of nursing that caters to patients with kidney problems.
Dialysis nurses are professionals who have an acute understanding of the logistics of dialysis along with knowledge of standard nursing practices.
The following is a well-written resume that caters to the application needs of a dialysis nurse when applying for this position.
Dialysis Nurse Resume Sample
90 Martin Street, Sheridan, WY 79344
Dedicated and highly-knowledgeable Registered Nurse with over 10 years’ experience providing superior dialysis care to multicultural patient populations. Ensure provision of quality patient care in accordance with facility’s policies and procedures.
Compassionate and diligent, committed to maximizing patient satisfaction through the delivery of care in a specialized care environment. Areas of expertise include hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal replacement therapies, and apheresis.
• Current Wyoming State Nursing License
• Certification in Nephrology Nursing
• Making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan
• Developing and maintaining productive relationships with patients and families
• Delivering safe and effective patient care
• Conducting ongoing education for patients
• Well versed in assessing critically ill patients
• Familiar with nephrology practices and ICU setup
• Strong leadership and communication skills
Soliant Health, Sheridan, WY | 2011 – Present
• Arrange dialysis equipment according to patients’ requirements
• Oversee dialysis procedure from the beginning to fruition
• Manage cleaning of catheters
• Identify problems or irregularities in the dialysis procedure
• Provide post care and pre-care to dialysis patients
• Prepare dialysate and assemble extracorporeal circuits
• Document patient progress and manage reports
Soliant Health, Sheridan, WY | 2007 – 2011
• Provided direct patient care in terms of personal and medical care
• Assessed patient health and record information
• Administered medication and IVs as instructed
• Ensured patients’ nutritional needs
• Ensured that all monitors and alarms are set and in proper working order
• Took patient’s vitals and recorded information in logs on a regular basis
BSN, Sheridan Nursing School, Sheridan, WY – 2004
Last updated on