CNC or computer national control machine is equipment that works on coded instructions rather than direct human assistance.
A CNC operator or mechanist codes these machines to serve company needs. Being a purely technical position, it requires formal training and sound experience in CNC coding.
CNC Operator Resume Format
The following is a list of the necessary components of a CNC resume along with brief discussion:
A CNC resume usually begins with an impressive performance summary. Entry-level candidates and career changers might also use an objective statement.
Make sure your competencies and areas of expertise are meaningful to the employer. Therefore, you need to find out what skills they need and highlight the same.
Mention your professional experience either in reverse chronological order or most relevant experience first order.
Impress the prospective employer with some of your relevant achievements.
Education section is must for every resume, mention the degree earned along with the name of institute and year of completion.
See also: CNC Operator Cover Letter
CNC Operator Resume Example
781 Downtown Area, Delair, NJ 76301
❖❖ CNC OPERATOR ❖❖
• Perceptive and analytical professional offering extensive experience in CNC operations.
• Particularly skilled in setting up and operating CNC controlled lathes and equipment.
• Functional knowledge of various tool setters
• Able to update the software to suit the evolving cutting needs as per the manufacturing stage
• Adept at following blueprints for CNC
• Well versed in adjusting machine calibrations and console settings
• Records keeping
• Good judgment
• Attention to detail
• Inventory control
• Supply management
|• Machine set up
• Equipment maintenance
• Entering instructions
• Taking measurements
|• Quality and safety
• Work orders study
• Adjusting controls
• Calculating requirements
• Malfunctions detection
• Identified a mechanical threat in the machine and proactively rectified the same effectively
• Set up 15 double axis CNC machinery personally and coded it as per employer’s requirements
• Identified an angular problem in the coding done by previous CNC operator and fixed it timely, saving the company from a lot of out of design cuttings and metal wastage
Medtronic Corporation, Delair, NJ | 2010 – Present
• Create, update and amend automated programs as needed
• Operate vertical mills, engine latches and double axis CNC vertical and horizontal mills effectively
• Set up, program and document all the processes required to ensure accurate coding and operation of CNC machines
• Enforce established safe work procedures
Aluminum Ways, Delair, NJ | 2007 – 2010
• Performed TPM procedures as required on specified equipment
• Adjusted and operate all machines in complete accordance with given blueprints and templates
• Defined coding tools, fixtures, and machine collaborations
• Installed program tapes into console readers and correlated automated tools sequences
ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Delair, NJ – 2007