CNC or computer national control machine is equipment that works on coded instructions rather than direct human assistance.
A CNC operator or mechanist codes these machines to serve company needs. Being a purely technical position, it requires formal training and sound experience in CNC coding.
Following is a list of the necessary components of a CNC resume along with brief discussion:
Summary: A CNC resume usually begins with an impressive performance summary. An objective statement might also be used by entry-level candidates and career changers.
Competencies: Make sure your competencies and areas of expertise are meaningful to the employer. Therefore, you need to find out what skills they need and highlight same.
Experience: Mention your professional experience either in reverse chronological order or most relevant experience first order.
Accomplishments: Impress the prospective employer with some of your relevant achievements.
Education: Education section is must for every resume, mention the degree earned along with the name of institute and year of completion.
781 Downtown Area ● Delair, NJ 76301 ● (005) 333-2222 ● bart @ email . com
❖❖ CNC OPERATOR ❖❖
Perceptive and analytical professional offering extensive experience in CNC operations. Particularly skilled in setting up and operating CNC controlled lathes and equipment.
• Functional knowledge of various tool setters
• Able to update software to suit the evolving cutting needs as per the manufacturing stage
• Adept at following blueprints for CNC
• Well versed in adjusting machine calibrations and console settings
|• Programming||• Machine set up||• Quality and safety|
|• Records keeping||• Equipment maintenance||• Work orders study|
|• Good judgment||• Troubleshooting||• Adjusting controls|
|• Attention to detail||• Entering instructions||• Calculating requirements|
|• Inventory control||• Taking measurements||• Malfunctions detection|
|• Supply management||• Tooling||• Coordination|
• Identified a mechanical threat in the machine and proactively rectified the same effectively
• Set up 15 double axis CNC machinery personally and coded it as per employer’s requirements
• Identified an angular problem in the coding done by previous CNC operator and fixed it timely, saving the company from a lot of out of design cuttings and metal wastage
Medtronic Corporation, Delair, NJ | 2010 – Present
• Create, update and amend automated programs as needed
• Operate vertical mills, engine latches and double axis CNC vertical and horizontal mills effectively
• Set up, program and document all the processes needed to ensure accurate coding and operation of CNC machines
• Enforce established safe work procedures
Aluminum Ways, Delair, NJ | 2007 – 2010
• Performed TPM procedures as required on specified equipment
• Adjusted and operated all machines in complete accordance with given blueprints and templates
• Defined coding tools, fixtures, and machine collaborations, building on program operational data and set up instructions
• Installed program tapes into console readers and correlated automated tools sequences
ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Delair, NJ – 2007