CNC or computer numerical control machine is equipment that works on coded instructions rather than direct human assistance.
A CNC operator or mechanist codes these machines to serve company needs. Being a purely technical position, it requires formal training and sound experience in CNC coding.
In order to apply for a CNA Operator job, you will have to write a compelling resume. The following resume format and sample will help you in this regard.
CNC Operator Resume Format
The following is a list of the necessary components and sections of a CNC operator resume:
Summary and Objective
Start with an impressive performance summary or highlights. Entry-level candidates and career changers can use an objective statement instead of a summary.
Core Skills and Competencies
Mention your core skills in bullet points. Make sure your competencies and areas of expertise are meaningful to the employer. Therefore, you need to find out what skills they need and highlight the same.
Impress the prospective employer with some of your relevant achievements.
Professional Work Experience
Mention your professional experience in reverse chronological order.
The education section is a must for every resume.
Related: CNC Operator Cover Letter Sample
CNC Operator Resume Example
781 Downtown Area, Delair, NJ 76301
❖❖ CNC OPERATOR ❖❖
• Perceptive and analytical professional with 8+ years of extensive experience in CNC operations.
• Particularly skilled in setting up and operating CNC-controlled lathes and equipment.
• Functional knowledge of various tool setters
• Able to update the software to suit the evolving cutting needs as per the manufacturing stage
• Adept at following blueprints for CNC
• Well versed in adjusting machine calibrations and console settings
Medtronic Corporation, Delair, NJ
2015 – Present
• Create, update and amend automated programs as needed
• Operate vertical mills, engine latches, and double-axis CNC vertical and horizontal mills effectively
• Set up, program and document all the processes required to ensure accurate coding and operation of CNC machines
• Enforce established safe work procedures
• Identified a mechanical threat in the machine and proactively rectified the same effectively
• Set up 15 double axis CNC machinery personally and coded it as per employer’s requirements
• Identified an angular problem in the coding done by the previous CNC operator and fixed it in a timely, saving the company from a lot of out of design cuttings and metal wastage
Aluminum Ways, Delair, NJ
2007 – 2015
• Performed TPM procedures as required on specified equipment
• Adjusted and operate all machines in complete accordance with given blueprints and templates
• Defined coding tools, fixtures, and machine collaborations
• Installed program tapes into console readers and correlated automated tools sequences
Diploma: ST. PAUL’S HIGH SCHOOL, Delair, NJ – 2007
• Records keeping
• Good judgment
• Attention to detail
• Inventory control
• Supply management
• Machine set up
• Equipment maintenance
• Entering instructions
• Taking measurements
• Quality and safety
• Work orders study
• Adjusting controls
• Calculating requirements
• Malfunctions detection