Candidates often find cover letter writing a difficult task, however, in reality, it is quite simple.
All you need to do is to sell your valuable skills.
How to Write a Cameraman Cover Letter?
Here are some tips that will come in handy as you prepare to write your cameraman cover letter:
- Address the employer’s needs; communicate the value you’ll bring.
- Be enthusiastic; no employer consider a candidate who sounds disinterested and flat.
- Be unique to sand out; but not too unique.
- Highlight your core competencies objectively.
- Make sure the skills you mention are in tune with the job requirements
Here is a cameraman cover letter to serve as a sample.
See also: Cameraman Resume
Cameraman Cover Letter Example
2201 Enclave Apt, Washington, DC 45992
June 4, 2019
Ms. Tracy Blake
655 Fluff Sq
Washington, DC 45992
“When you are a videographer you work all the time because your eye is the first camera”
– Patrick Demarchelier
Dear Ms. Blake
It is with continued interest and enthusiasm that I respond to your job posting for a Cameraman. Possessing hands-on experience in handling the camera, tools, and technical video shooting equipment, I believe my skills will be very handy at DTV headquarters.
Following are some of the strengths I offer:
- Expert in shooting and recording live and rehearsed transmissions.
- Demonstrated ability to edit and transfer videos for submission timely.
- Functional knowledge of lighting requirements and hue balancing for indoor and outdoor shootings.
- Proficient in Adobe premiere editing system.
- Skilled in assembling and setting up equipment before shooting.
- Strong working knowledge of HD video camera operations and functional maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of production and direction protocols.
Being a cameraman, I believe in the saying ‘seeing is believing’ which is why I have included a few links in my resume to some of my works. I can’t wait to join DTV and start contributing high-quality camera shooting skills to the channel.
May I have an interview with you to elaborate on my relevant skills and qualifications further? I shall call you in the coming week to obtain a suitable date and time for a meeting. Meanwhile, in case you have any queries, just give me a buzz at (000) 745-8569.
Thank you for your time and consideration.