Candidates often find cover letter writing a difficult task, however, in reality, it is quite simple. All you need to do is to sell your valuable skills.
Here are some tips that will come in handy as you prepare to write your cameraman cover letter:
• Address the employer’s needs; communicate the value you’ll bring
• Be enthusiastic; no employer consider a candidate who sounds disinterested and flat
• Be unique to sand out; but not too unique
• Highlight your core competencies objectively
• Make sure the skills you mention are in tune with the job requirements
Here is a cameraman cover letter to serve as a sample.
Cameraman Cover Letter Example
2201 Enclave Apt ● Washington, DC 45992 ● (008) 666-5555 ● george @ email . com
May 26, 2018
Ms. Tracy Blake
655 Fluff Sq
Washington, DC 45992
“When you are a videographer you work all the time because your eye is the first camera” – Patrick Demarchelier
Dear Ms. Blake
It is with continued interest and enthusiasm that I respond to your job posting for a Cameraman. Possessing hands-on experience in handling the camera, tools, and technical video shooting equipment, I believe my skills will be very handy at DTV headquarters.
Following are some of the strengths I offer:
• Expert in shooting and recording live and rehearsed transmissions.
• Demonstrated ability to edit and transfer videos for submission timely.
• Functional knowledge of lighting requirements and hue balancing for indoor and outdoor shootings.
• Proficient in Adobe premiere editing system.
• Skilled in assembling and setting up equipment before shooting.
• Strong working knowledge of HD video camera operations and functional maintenance.
• In-depth knowledge of production and direction protocols.
Being a cameraman, I believe in the saying ‘seeing is believing’ which is why I have included a few links in my resume to some of my works. I can’t wait to join DTV and start contributing high-quality camera shooting skills to the channel.
May I have an interview with you to elaborate my relevant skills and qualifications further? I shall call you in the coming week to obtain a suitable date and time for a meeting. Meanwhile, in case you have any queries, just give me a buzz at (008) 666-5555.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on