Your resume is the most critical document in the PACU nurse job hunting process. The following are two samples and guidelines to view before writing or updating your resume for the PACU nurse position.
How to Write a Great Resume for PACU Nurse?
- Start your resume with a summary or objective statement.
- Add your PACU nurse skills and qualifications.
- Highlight your experience in accordance with the PACU Nurse Job Description provided by a specific employer.
- Keep the PACU nurse resume short, simple, and to-the-point.
- Check for any grammatical or sentence mistakes to create a final draft.
- Send a PACU Nurse Cover Letter along with your resume, even if it is not required.
PACU Nurse Resume Sample #1
Elizabeth Marshall, RN
833 Claire Ave, Houston, TX 56463
POST ANESTHETIC CARE NURSE
Strong drive to achieve the highest level of patient care.
Top-performing Registered Nurse with 6+ years’ track record of delivering excellent pre and post-anesthetic patient care. Demonstrated ability to monitor and document patient’s condition accurately. Current AHA, BLS, and CPR along with the RN Licensure State of Texas.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Documentation • Post-surgery care
• Medication administration • Wound care
• Surgical assistance • Pre-surgery preparation
• Plan evaluation • Patient assessment
TOPS HEALTHCARE, Houston, TX
2016 – Present
• Initiate modifications in the existing post-surgical unit inventory format, enhancing the accuracy of patient recovery up to 80%
• Provide exemplary patient care which paid off in terms of two ‘best nurse of the year’ awards in 2013 and 2015
• Research data for prep and discharge protocols applicable to post-surgical patients and implemented the same in the newly set surgical recovery unit proactively
• Assess patient’s condition before surgery and monitor post-surgical recovery
• Document the procedure, pre and post-anesthetic condition of the assigned patient
• Assist the surgeon during surgery as an integral part of the surgical ward team
RN, Recovery Unit
ST. CLAIRE’S HOSPITAL, Houston, TX
2007 – 2016
• Collaborated with United surgical partners on behalf of the hospital to get newly hired nursing staff registered and trained in post-anesthetic care.
• Implemented the post-surgical treatment schedule
• Ensured availability of all supplies in the OT and recovery room
• Monitored and dressed the surgery wound as and when required
Advance Diploma in PACU Nursing
College of Nursing, Texas University, Houston, TX – 2007
Master of Science in Nursing
Trinity University, Houston, TX – 2006
PACU Registered Nurse Resume Example #2 (Less Experience)
(000) 999-9209 | Email
Offering excellence in post-operative care with profound expertise in managing post-surgery emergencies.
• Over five years of experience in the postoperative ward of Rochester Family Hospital
• Attained success in managing pain control of three accident patients by employing the best nursing practices and knowledge of medication
• Promoted from trainee nurse to a regular position within one year of work
• Highly skilled in providing applied care to patients
• In-depth knowledge of managing hemodynamic and pain control
• Hands-on experience in coordinating consultants with physicians o ensure quality patient care
Rochester Family Hospital, Rochester, NY
May 2015 – Aug 2020
• Assessed needs of post-surgery operations
• Administered medication and identify the plan of care
• Coordinated patient care given by others
• Determined discharge needs
• Assisted with preoperative assessments
• Prepared post-anesthesia areas
• Recorded all kinds of patient information including condition analysis
Associate of Science in Nursing
Rochester City College – Rochester, NY – 2014
New York State RN License – Current
BLS and PALS – Current
ADDITIONAL STRENGTHS AND SKILLS
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern nursing practices
• Able to manage acute emergencies efficiently
• Understanding of aseptic techniques
• Profound ability to work with a diverse population
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills