The most difficult part of Medical Technologist resume writing is selection of information to be included in it.
In fact, a resume for Medical Technologist position is a concoction of your contact information, objective/summary, qualifications, experience and education.
If you can decide how to put information under these headings, you are good to go!
Keep it simple.
Look at the following example along with this Medical Technologist Cover Letter to get a better idea.
11 W. 98 Some Street ♦ New York, NY 88078 ♦ Contact # ♦ Email
❖❖ MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST ❖❖
Known for performing laboratory procedures and tests accurately and timely.
SUMMARY: Dedicated and analytical-minded professional with 9 years of hands-on experience performing laboratory services with precision and accuracy. Highly skilled in operating equipment and chemicals used in specific tests. Profound ability to provide consulting services pertinent to surgical pathology, hematology, coagulation, blood banking and other related services.
• Well versed in specimen analysis and instrument maintenance
• Able to follow regular procedures and help prepare samples for testing
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain supportive relationships with patients, physicians, pathologists and co-workers
|• Specimen Processing||• Records Maintenance||• Quality Control|
|• Results Reporting||• Supplies Management||• Policies Compliance|
• Consistently commended on the timely and efficient manner in which lab tests were performed thereby decreased the time that it took to make them available to patients and doctors
• Employee of the month – Aug 2011
ABC HEALTH SERVICE – New York, NY | 11/2010 to Present
• Perform clinical laboratory tests pertinent to hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, immunology and blood bank
• Calculate test records and measure prescribed quantities of samples
• Evaluate quality control information against measurable data
• Set up and maintain laboratory equipment
• Provide consultancy services regarding specific fields
FirstLight Health System – Mora, MN | 10/2008 to 11/2010
• Collected specimen and analyzed tests in a precise manner
• Reported test results and maintained records
• Adhered to quality control activities
• Ordered supplies as and when needed
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
New York City University – New York, NY
BS, Clinical Lab Sciences – 2006
Current NY State Medical Technologist license in microbiology, immunohematology, hematology, and serology
• Communication and interpretation
• Bilingual – English and Chinese
• Confidentiality maintenance