Market research analysts are hired to analyze consumer buyer behavior and competitor trends to provide valuable feedback to companies so that they can devise strategies accordingly.
Employers like to hire the best at this position as a company’s future depends highly on their abilities.
Market research analysts use a number of tools to strategize their work. They gather key information regarding target markets and study key competitors.
If you are looking to work in this role, make sure your resume is reflective of your experience and qualifications in this arena.
Here is a great market research analyst resume sample for you to get ideas from:
Market Research Analyst Resume Example
6637 SW Madeira Ter
Sherwood, OR 63799
MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
Research Planning | Data Analysis and Interpretation | Marketing Plan Development
Accomplished and results-oriented marketing professional with 11+ years of extensive experience in developing methodological designs and analyzing data by using statistical techniques. Well-versed in presenting research findings and insights to both internal and external teams. Highly developed knowledge of carrying out qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. Strong track record of conducting advanced statistical analysis with a special focus on multivariate regression and cluster analysis.
• Excellent business acumen and capable of designing research methods.
• Analytical and logical mind aimed at interpreting pertinent market data and making actionable recommendations.
• Effective communicator with a great ability to write reports and prepare presentations.
• Ability to work independently with a keen focus on driving the execution of secondary and primary research projects.
• Extensive understanding of working in a matrix organization by virtue of versatility and hands-on approach.
• Engendered 100% ROI by designing and conducting the analysis of marketing campaigns.
• Identified several opportunities to market products and brought about a sizable interest in the company’s products.
• Increased customer base by 12% in 6 months by assisting the marketing team in carrying out market research-based activities.
• Received 3 awards in 2 years following maximum contribution to the marketing and sales program of the company.
Market Research Analyst
Swirl, Sherwood, OR
Sep 2014 – Present
• Perform market research and data analysis duties
• Support strategic plans of the company by providing research information
• Deliver insights regarding the reasons that impact the success of businesses
• Suggest research solutions following strategic plans of action
• Prepare annual analysis of existing and potential business directives
• Develop new products and programs to support corporate sales
• Provide advice on pricing strategies
• Examine competitors’ marketing methods and sales activities
• Devise focus group discussions and conduct surveys
• Determine the need for adding new lines to existing products
ABC Company, Sherwood, OR
May 2007 – Sep 2014
• Coordinated and executed marketing activities aimed at customer retention and development
• Planned marketing communication programs through various channels
• Established production timelines and budgets
• Assisted in developing marketing material
• Reviewed marketing material
• Drove revenue and ensure return on investment
ITW, Sherwood, OR
Jan 2006 – May 2007
• Performed customer segment research
• Developed understanding of customer markets and segments
• Created PowerPoint presentations for executives
• Maintained company’s blog, online surveys, and brochures
Master of Science in Marketing
Oregon State University, Sherwood, OR – 2006