Working on your skills is very important. What is even more important is to place your skills on a resume, so that they can be scanned by hiring managers who need to know what your capabilities are.
When you are applying for a job, it is necessary that you write your skills in your resume, allowing a hiring manager to delve deep into what your capabilities are, and how you can use them for his or her benefit.
There is a special section for skills for one main reason – they are essential to hiring managers.
When you write the resume, make sure that you add this section in it to make it complete. What exactly is it that goes into the skills section?
The skills section must boast a few well-written statements that outline how great a worker you are, and how well you will be able to gel into the company where you are applying. Nothing more is needed. You need to outline your inner ability to handle the many challenges that will be thrown at you, along with information of your best qualities as a worker.
By going through this information, a hiring manager is sure to be able to gauge how well you will work, once hired.
For a service delivery manager position, the following skills list can be looked through for reference purposes:
Sample Skills for Service Delivery Manager Resume
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high-performance information technology support functions for assigned areas.
• Exceptionally talented in owning escalation processes, by ensuring that resolving parties are properly coordinated.
• Deeply familiar with monitoring, controlling, and supporting service delivery, and ensuring that systems and methodologies are properly handled.
• Effectively able to champion service and support in projects, and developing a strong comprehension of projects impacting service areas.
• Proficient in delivering the excellent presentation, and audio-visual support, to ensure that meeting room technology is maintained to high standards.
• Adept at leading desktop management teams to improve desktop computing environments continually.
• Proven ability to ensure that patching and antivirus updates are carried out promptly and efficiently.
• Competent in making recommendations for service improvement plans, and ensuring that actions are followed through to completion promptly.
• Well-versed in working with internal and external sources to ensure that actions are taken and competed to protect and improve services.
• Qualified to provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT service performances, and competent delivery of staff management initiatives.