A patient access manager is responsible for supervising a hospital’s patient registration process, including inpatient and outpatient, financial counseling division, central scheduling, and PBX.
The main work of a person in this role is to ensure that everything related to these areas is done in a profound manner and that all information derived and stored is accurate and complete.
A patient access manager resume is like a book about your life. You have to provide all the details if you want the reader to know about you.
Here is a sample to help you along:
Patient Access Manager Resume Example
103 New Road, Boston, MA28944
PATIENT ACCESS MANAGER
Versatile and passionate patient access manager with 15+ years of experience in providing oversight and support to hospitals in a number of areas, and ensuring that all patient registration processes are handled with care and accuracy. Actively coordinated and set up schedules for patient access personnel training and education sessions.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Intake Oversight
- Staff Production Oversight
- Complaint Handling
- Patient Education
- Quality Control
- Accounts Management
- Policy Making
• Streamlined the patient access process, making it 50% more efficient than before.
• Introduced the concept of patient education, resulting in increased loyalty from existing patients.
• Implemented a dynamic staffing system, which automatically scheduled available staff members in cases of absenteeism.
• Devised a patient services quality control system, which received high accolades from the hospital management.
Patient Access Manager
Pillar Health, Boston, MAI
• Assist with the planning, development, and direction of expenditures, business objectives, and departmental goals.
• Prepare departmental policies and procedures as they pertain to patient access information.
• Oversee the patient registration system in both inpatient and outpatient capacities.
• Monitor the intake process to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the information provided.
• Ensure that all patient access processes remain in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitor scheduling interactions and performance with physicians and patients to ensure that all is being handled in an appropriate manner.
• Perform staff development efforts to ensure that all staff members are equipped to provide exceptional services.
• Act as a point of contact for complaints and issues, aiming to resolve problems in an immediate manner.
Trinity Health, Boston, MA
• Greeted patients as they arrived at the hospital front desk, and inquired about their business.
• Provided registration forms to patients, and assisted them in filling them out.
• Checked filled-out forms to ensure that they were accurate and complete.
• Verified provided insurance information by contacting insurance companies over the phone, and through email.
• Ensured that all registration forms were properly filed, and information on them was punched into the system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Management
Boston College, Boston, MA