Candidates for the deli manager positions often get stuck when they have to fill out the skills sections on their resumes.
The problem is not usually the fact that there is a lack of skills.
The problem is that this part of the resume requires a lot of thinking.
What exactly is a skill?
What job-related skills does one possess?
How does one write them in a resume?
All these can be gauged through a thorough self-analysis.
It is up to you to determine what your work-related skills are and how they can be written in a resume.
The more information that you provide about your skills, the better your chances of being chosen as a viable employee, in comparison with other candidates for the same job.
There are two types of skills that you can / should mention. Job-related ones, and those that make you an excellent person to work with.
This way, you are presenting yourself as a “package deal” that the hiring manager cannot refuse.
Most resumes have a dedicated skills section.
Those that don’t aren’t favored much.
When you prepare your resume, make sure that your skills are highlighted right after your contact information and resume objective.
Your skills can be presented in this way:
Sample Skills for Deli Manager Resume
• First-hand experience in managing the operational smoothness of a busy deli, through the provision of excellent oversight and administration.
• Highly experienced in hiring, training, and placing deli workers to perform their duties, by assisting them in focusing on excellent customer services.
• Exceptionally talented at handling deli food items inventory and stock management, to ensure smooth parity between the backend and the frontend.
• Demonstrated ability to handle food rotation activities, to minimize chances of food spoilage and wastage.
• Proficient in reducing losses to the business due to shrinking, damaging and pilfering acts.
• Adept at enforcing departmental processes and procedures regarding receiving, stocking and unloading of products to ensure both quality and freshness.
• Competent at training deli workers and food preparers in preparing and serving deli plates and platters, in accordance with specified recipes.
• Well-versed in overseeing the unloading and breaking down of deliveries, paying special attention to how cases are stocked and handled.
• Able to monitor the temperatures of cases, spillovers, ovens, and storage areas and handle any failures or problems on the spot.
• Focused on ensuring that food items are properly stored and rotated on time, to ensure freshness.
• Skilled in creating and maintaining effective liaisons with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of deli products.