Intrigue inducing and deal-closing – this is what the anatomy of a cover letter should be. Automotive F&I Manager cover letters are written in many situations and it is important to keep the reason for writing one straight in your head. Yes, we did say many reasons and not just one. When you write a cover letter, you may want to:
• Inquire into a possible job opportunity
• Provide information of your suitability for an advertised position
• Show interest in a position even though you are quite sure that there isn’t one yet
A cover letter must always accompanied by a resume – that is why it is called a “cover” letter. It is a given that you need to write a different cover letter for every position that you apply for. The basic idea behind writing one is to make sure that you develop a mental picture of what the company requires and what you have to offer, so that your candidature is not only considered, it is deemed the most relevant to an employer’s requirements. If the company is looking for someone with leadership qualities, make sure you give an example of your own. And if the employer wants someone who can increase sales, mention a time when you actually did increase sales!
65 North 6th Street
Lisle, IL 41254
March 1, 2016
Mr. Joseph Moore
Hanania Automotive Group
8011 Western Avenue
Lisle, IL 45635
Dear Mr. Moore:
Let me leave the long list of how suitable I am for an Automotive F&I Manager position at Hanania Automotive Group and move on to what I have accomplished in this role, charting out how I can replicate it for your company:
• Arranged financing for an entire fleet of vehicles for a large conglomerate, translating into increased revenues for the company.
• Introduced and implemented a system structuring vehicle sales deals, maximizing profitability and collectability.
• Secured reasonable profits (with a 29% increase from previous years) by working closely with sales managers.
• Met objectives by a 100% in regards to product penetration and gross per vehicle retail between the years 2010 and 2015.
I have worked as an automotive F&I manager for over 12 years and this experience has led people I know to call me the “Guru” of auto financing and insurance coverage. How I came to this height is something I would love to talk with you in person. I will call you next Wednesday to arrange a suitable time of interview. In the interim, you can contact me at (000) 333-1421 if you need to speak with me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.