An LPN resume, together with an LPN cover letter is the most important part of your portfolio.
If written carefully, it will assist you to secure an LPN interview successfully.
How to Craft the Best LPN Resume?
- Start your resume by using a compelling LPN Summary statement.
- Highlight your skills as an LPN using bullet points.
- Specifically, mention your experiences and accomplishments that directly relate to the needs of the prospective employer.
- Emphasize only 2 relevant experiences.
- Include information about your education and certifications.
- Add a section on Licenses and Certifications.
The following LPN Resume Sample will guide you on how to build your resume.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Resume Example
SARA CHRIS – LPN
262 Maple Street, Houston, TX 65432
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Strongly motivated LPN with 12+ years of extensive experience in hospital and acute care settings. Strong clinical skills combined with dedication and compassion to provide exceptional patient care. Able to perform EKG’s, phlebotomy, immunizations, height, weight, and temperature. State of Texas License to practice as an LPN.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Physical assessment • Clinical testing
• Treatment administration • Medication dispensing
• Wound Care • Taking medical histories
• Illness/injuries evaluation • Dressings
• Care documentation
• Patient and family education
Licensed Practical Nurse
St. Peter’s Hospital – Houston, TX | 2008 – Present
- Assist physicians as well as registered nurses in tests and procedures in a 100+ beds hospital
- Observe and record 30+ patients’ health conditions daily
- Measure patients’ vital signs such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration
- Supervise 10+ nursing assistants during routine patient care
- Oversee equipment assembly tasks, such as, catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers
- Give injections and enemas, and manage catheters
- Dress wounds
- Document food and fluid intake and output
- Oversee the activities of nursing assistants and aides
- Clean and sanitize medical equipment
- Educate patients and families on optimal treatment procedures
XYZ Clinic – Houston, TX | 2006 – 2008
- Helped residents with dressing as well as special hygiene
- Educated patients regarding good health habits
- Monitored patients’ condition and tool necessary steps accordingly
- Reported reactions to drug and treatments
- Fed patients whenever assisted eating need arose
- Gathered samples for testing
- Taught the family how to take care of the patient
- Completed insurance forms, pre-authorizations, and appointments
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
BS in Nursing
Houston College of Nursing, Houston, TX – 2005
Licensed Practical Nurse Certification – 2006
BLS, First Aid, and CPR
• Heart monitor • Nebulizers
• Blood glucometer • Intravenous tubing
• Spirometer • Hypodermic needles
Member of Houston Society of Licensed Practical Nurses
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proven ability to work efficiently in stressful situations